• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Cool new Pathfinder trailer

foscadh

First Post
Guess I'm not the target audiance either since I'm over 60 and also already own a fair amount of Pathfinder books. I didn't even realize that the music would be considered "metal" rather liked it though.

Kinak

First Post
This trailer looked really nice projected on the wall, actually, substantially better than it did on YouTube. Not sure exactly why, but it was pretty sweet.

Cheers!
Kinak

Jack99

Adventurer
Worst thing (hyperbole) I ever saw. A company made this? Must admit I am shocked that 1) someone got paid 2) the good folks at Paizo, who usually have good taste, approved of this.

foscadh

First Post
Why so negative? Certainly I've seen better but I've also seen a lot worse. It's also not even clear to me that your assumption #1 is correct. The appeal to younger audience factor would also seem to make it worth a shot as far as Paizo is concerned.

Jack99

Adventurer
Well maybe I am just old as you insinuate. But in a world of awesome 3D trailers for games, I find it very hard to believe that anyone outside the biggest Paizo fans will be impressed by this trailer. Don't get me wrong, I like the art on it's own, but not the advanced slideshow.

foscadh

First Post
I suspect I'm older than you are. I don't see that age has much if anything to do with it. For a pen and paper game why even think about a 3D trailer (of course I'm not a great fan of 3D either). Now if you look at some of the pathfinder on line demo's they are a bit more advanced. But taking this for what it is rather like it. It's certainly not advancing the state of the art much nor likely to win many awards but from the sounds of it it was something someone threw together in their spare time as part of a marketing effort or just for fun. If I were from Paizo I'd certainly want to encourage that sort of activity.

Stormonu

Legend
Also, I think this is a fan creation, not an in-house production. And, if it is, kudos to Paizo for recognizing one of its fans submissions like this (though its not my cup of tea).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It was made by Gamerati, the company that handles advertising for most of the RPG industry. It's the same type of thing I use for EN World's AP trailers.

Remove ads