• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cool video preview of HMb's Frandor's Keep...

Treebore

First Post
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yELLMzw3Fw]YouTube - Frandor's Keep flip thru[/ame]

Its about 2:43 long, and is a video of an advanced copy book. Looks great! Glad I pre ordered.

Thanks to Kenzer and crew, in particular Jolly, for making this video to tide us over!

If someone could post this over at RPG.net for me it would be greatly appreciated. Plus any other site where there may be interest in the new Hackmaster and its products.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Is it a spoof on an old product, or have they moved on from that?

The gaming system of Hackmaster is actually a serious system based on 1E and 2E D&D, though it does have some changes. The name is from the KoDT comic book, though, so a lot of gamers don't think it's a serious system.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The gaming system of Hackmaster is actually a serious system based on 1E and 2E D&D, though it does have some changes. The name is from the KoDT comic book, though, so a lot of gamers don't think it's a serious system.
Actually, the current edition of HM now uses its own system, it is no longer a derivative of AD&D.

JollyRB

First Post
HackMaster Basic (and the upcoming Advanced HackMaster books) is a totally new and revamped system. Old school in feel but lots of new innovations/departures. Much of the attitude/humor is still in the rules but it's a gritty no-nonense combat system/game. Should be plenty of reviews out there. You can also swing by the kenzerco boards where we have a very active community of fans.

Frandor's Keep is loosely based on the original HM4e module but is set ten years later after Orcs overran the area, occupied the Keep and were recently expelled. Humans have set up shop again in the area and are struggling to regain control and pacify the region. I forget the page count at the moment (140 pages?) about half the book deals with the Keep itself. The rest is devoted to about a dozen adventure opps in the immediate area.

A sequel (Mines of Chaos) that ties into the mini setting is already in the works. In fact we've been playtesting the adventures going into that book over the last year or so.

BTW anyone interested in the four new Aces and Eights (western rpg) books coming out next month check my other videos on Youtube. I posted flip thrus on those as well. There's some GREAT stuff in the pipe. We spent much of 2009 developing HackMaster and new product and we're very excited the flood gates have finally opened. Going to be a very interesting year for HackMaster fans.

Next up is the the hardback full color tome, Hacklopeida of Beasts for Advanced HackMaster. We hope to post some previews of the layout in the coming days.

Last edited:

JollyRB

First Post
BTW the song is a HackMaster inspired song one of our readers sent us about a year ago. I'll have to look up the full credits and see who was involved and post them. As I recall it was a group effort. The full song (about six minutes I think) is very inspiring. Guy's definitel got some talent.

Song is called "Fourth Level Fighter"

Last edited:

Burchard

First Post
The Song!

For those interested, here's the link to the whole song. I wrote it about a year or so ago and played the bass line. My friend Aaron sang and did the guitar/drum parts. He also did the "drone" sound effect.

It's a parody of our early gaming days when all we wanted was to kick some butt and rescue some damsels.

Please download it, share it and talk it up. The sequel may be coming soon...

Give it a listen!
Fourth Level Fighter

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads