• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest Dragons...

Kelek72

First Post
I was reading the posts about the dragons being too powerful in D&D and it got me thinking...
What are some of the coolest dragons as portrayed across all the various forms of books, movies, art, D&D, etc?
(I know Dungeon ran an article picking the top 10 dragons last year, but if i remember correctly, the list was D&D specific or maybe even Dungeon specific.)

-I saw Beowulf recently and the dragon in the film was extremely wicked. The animation and battle were probably the best I've ever seen portraying such a creature.
-The gold wyrm on the cover of the Master Box Set for basic D&D was an awesome painting that I will never forget. I thought it conveyed POWER!
-The red dragon on the cover of Dragon Mountain. Lean and Mean. I like it when thay look more Komodo than humanoid.
-The beast in Dragonslayer was very cool. The movie...OK, the dragon...COOL!
-Reign of Fire had a very cool boss dragon. (And it took out Matthew M.! ;) )
-The Gar. Blue Dragon mini recently put out for D&D Miniatures

Lamest I can remember... The dragons in Dungeons & Dragons: the movie...The paintings from Council of Wyrms (the whole humanoid body-type thing)...Godzilla...

Not the same but I love the visuals for the Darksun Sorcerer-Kings and queens. Lean mean and tattered. They looked more like 10-15ft tall gaunt undead 1/2 dragons.

tadk

Explorer
IK Dragons

Kelek72 said:
I was reading the posts about the dragons being too powerful in D&D and it got me thinking...
What are some of the coolest dragons as portrayed across all the various forms of books, movies, art, D&D, etc?
(I know Dungeon ran an article picking the top 10 dragons last year, but if i remember correctly, the list was D&D specific or maybe even Dungeon specific.)

-I saw Beowulf recently and the dragon in the film was extremely wicked. The animation and battle were probably the best I've ever seen portraying such a creature.
-The gold wyrm on the cover of the Master Box Set for basic D&D was an awesome painting that I will never forget. I thought it conveyed POWER!
-The red dragon on the cover of Dragon Mountain. Lean and Mean. I like it when thay look more Komodo than humanoid.
-The beast in Dragonslayer was very cool. The movie...OK, the dragon...COOL!
-Reign of Fire had a very cool boss dragon. (And it took out Matthew M.! ;) )
-The Gar. Blue Dragon mini recently put out for D&D Miniatures

Lamest I can remember... The dragons in Dungeons & Dragons: the movie...The paintings from Council of Wyrms (the whole humanoid body-type thing)...Godzilla...

The IK Dragons are my personal favotires. Check out The Monsternomicon

thompgc

First Post
Shadowrun had some cool dragons

The rainbow serpents
Lowfyr (a western dragon) ran a megacorp
Dunkelzayn (sure I goofed the spelling) (a western dragon) was a celeb and ran for president (and won, but got killed)

griff_goodbeard

First Post
Melhaic said:
One word:

SMAUG!!!
/agree

smaugdi0.jpg

Remove ads