• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cooperative approach to Refitting Campaign World

Melhaic

First Post
I am co-operativly fitting 4e changes to my exiting campaign world with my most enthusiastic player (I'd include the others but I think he is thepnly that interested). He bought Races&Classes, and has some decent ideas (only have a short conversation to go by though). I've never gotten into the co-op design thing before, but it seem like this a perfect chance to make some changes to suit the players. Honestly, too, having someone else lend creative muscle to campaign planning will be nice as well.

We're having a sit down (perhaps with a few brews) tomorrow, and I'll post the happenings tomorrow.

Very Basic Rundown
PCs are running a rebellion on edge of continent spanning empire, due to religious differences (driud and elf PC share religion persecuted by empire). Other side of empire under threat of invasion by outside force of magic using bad guys that like demons. Leads to shatterin of emire and widespred war.

It's cooler than I make it sound here (as you'll hopefully see soon), but I've got to be at the rugby pitch in 15 mins. Might post after practice.

I put it up here to garner some ideas from the at large community of people who have badass ideas. Any unique takes on races/classes (especially new ones) would be great: I don't think I'll use th dragonborn or the tiefling as is .

Last edited:

ferratus

Adventurer
Maybe a 4e homebrew forum should be created. There have been a proliferation of "what I am doing in my 4e homebrew" threads, and I have been guilty of starting threads about what I am planning for my 4e game as well.

Quickleaf

Legend
I third that idea.

Melhaic, kind of confused where in timeline the campaign is set. Has empire fallen and widespread war already? Or is that in the past or yet to come (no matter what PCs do)?

I'll take a backstab at tieflings...

Invaders of empire have warlocks who made a deal: The warlocks would sacrifice leaving a legacy (no children) and carry a devil's seed so that the warlock's children actually descend from a devil who can't access the material plane. In exchange they got access to secret magic cache devils had been saving for their conquest, and use these baleful magics to bring the empire to its knees. These hellspawned children began to grow in numbers, being superb spies and assassins, always a whisper of the devils in their ear. Leader of the invaders is suspicious of the hellspawn attempting to overthrow the invaders' culture, and uses them cautiously (preferrably as expendable agents).

Remove ads