• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cooperative Dungeon IV: Update

ConnorSB

First Post
Could anyone maybe comment on my room, the Hall of Final Justice:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1556549#post1556549

I'm not sure I wrote the right god down, but its basically supposed to be a physical representation of the place the old king would go to be judged in the afterlife. The Jackel-god and his advisors sit in on this judgement, and each one has a chair and an item dedicated to them (in hopes that they, you know, make the "right decision.")

Last edited:

Later today I'll finish my room. I'll cancel out the Elhoriad and just homebrew something or use a ghoul instead so that should be ok. For the rest I just need to check the room and finish the [Encounter] entry.

Storywise Nyovne inprisoned there was a rogue, and a charming one at that. So charming that even though she was a female human she still was one of the suitors of Toth's wife... I hope noone objects to some ancient hot girl on girl action ;) She was heartbroken when Toth took her beloved and she set out break into his tomb and destroy his body and take his gifts ment for the afterlife so he would remain in the afterlife with a mutilated body and no posessions which he treasured in life.

But before she reached the final chamber she was lured into a devious trap by Yinepu, the Awakened Jackal Cleric. Yinepu was in a fierce battle with Nyovne when Yinepu stepped back and Nyovne fell into the soul trap Yinepu had prepared and was stuck down by the Curse of the Pharao. Nyovne found her soul stuck in her now decaying body, feeling her strengh drain away, mind go numb and her beauty peel away as her skin fell off. The last thing she saw with her almost powerless body was Yinepu sealing her into a tomb with a great stone slab and the last thing she heard was that her beloved wasn't dead. But that her soul was locked just a few yards away from Nyove. Both doomed to rot and scream forever in this forsaken crypt, bound to be lost and forgotten forever... Two lovers, cursed, doomed and withering undead souls forever kept just a few feet from each other. Never to be found..

Or not?

Something like that :)

Just have to refrase it all, clean it up and stuff. But that's the story behind Room 17 and who's entombed there.

Wycen

Explorer
Conaill said:
Thullgrim: (Alternatively, the human wizard captive isthe only NPC so far (I think) who has Decipher Script as a class skill. Maybe the gnolls forced him into deciphering them? Less likely, since they were sent here to stop the gnolls.)

I think that is a great way to make the scenario "come alive" as it were. Maybe the wizard was given the choice to help or see somebody, maybe himself, die. Though then I suppose you'd have to answer why the lady was about to be sacrificed.

Conaill

First Post
ConnorSB said:
Could anyone maybe comment on my room, the Hall of Final Justice:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1556549#post1556549
Looks good. I'm not sure we already have a description of the jackal god, but FYI I decided to make Yinepu in #20 LN.

One concern is that the large number of items in the room might confuse the party, because they should also be collecting items to open the door to #21.

I love the bat swarm. In fact, feel free to add the following warning on the door to this room: "They who enter this sacred tomb shall swift be visited by wings of death." That's supposedly part of the original "curse of the pharao" in king Tut's tomb. I worked it into #20, but it would fit much better here. I can always come up with something else to put on my door...

The EL for your room isn't really 4, because it is unlikely the party will be facing the trap and the bat swarm simultaneously. It should probably count as two EL 2 encounters instead.

For the cursed candle, you may want to specify the effect of the curse, and/or state specifically that the choice of curse is up to the DM (so he has a little advance warning to think of something). I've been meaning to do that for the Bestow Curse in my room as well, but at least there the spell is cast by an intelligent opponent, so he can choose the optimal effect based on the curcumstances...

I will work on re-writing rooms #2 and #3 to reflect a more egyptian feel and remove the were-theme I had going there, as well as to hide the key I was given by Phineas. I will have the re-writes done some time tomorrow. Also I will change the encounter in room #3 somewhat to lower the encounter level and make it less of a killer room.

Thullgrim.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads