• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core Books in other languages??

Undead Pete

First Post
This may be a dumb question.

Not that I need them, but I was wondering if WoTC had published the Core Books in any language besides English.

If so, what languages?? And where can they be purchased??

I heard that the Kalamar Setting was just published in German....have any other d20 products crossed the language barrier?

The reason I'm asking is twofold:

a) I'm a teacher near the Arizona/Mexico border and have a large number of ESL speakers. D&D, to me, seems like a great teaching tool, especially for analytical thinking. I would definitely pick up Spanish versions of the Core Books for my classroom.

b) If there aren't any products in other languages, someone is severely limiting the size of the market.....IMHO

Thoughts???

Telgian

First Post
I know that there are translations into French. Gaming stores here (Montreal) tend to carry both the French and English versions.
Can't help you with much with other languages though.

Zappo

Explorer
All D&D WotC stuff has been translated in Italian. Don't know much about the rest, but I wouldn't count on it.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Anyone interested in foreign language versions of gaming materials might be interested in checking the International forums of my site. A strong group of people have joined up to help spread the word. :)

http://www.creativemountaingames.com

BTW I've cleaned up the website look since the last time some of you have stopped over to my little corner of the d20 world... ;)

Kthrin

First Post
While perusing online RPG game mags in Taiwan, I came across some ads for the core rulebooks, which I guess were recently released in Chinese--unfortunately, I can't READ Chinese, but at least now I know what "Dungeons and Dragons" looks like in Chinese characters. ^_^;;; One of the magazines even had an ongoing column on tabletop RPGs, one edition of which appeared to be a rundown of D&D history--I remember seeing words that looked suspiciously like the Chinese translations of Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms. :)

LcKedovan

Explorer
Heya Undead Pete,

The core books are definately in German as you thought. You can find them at www.f-shop.de for example. I don't know if you have any German ESL people, but if so and you have trouble getting the books I am sure I can help you out. Otherwise, good luck with the class!

-Will

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads