• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core Rulebook Gift Set Discounted on Amazon!

Ktulu

First Post
Heh, pre-ordered. I would support my LGS, but they suck. Pure & Simple suckage. They don't keep up with recent material, constantly run out of DDM boxes, never hold any tournaments or events, nothing is ever on sale or any specials of any kind, they mark up rpg books by 25 to 50 cents each, and they only ever frikkin' order 2 of any book that comes out causing me to wait 2 weeks for the next ordering..

Fleh, I'll pick Amazon any day. I don't have to worry about rain, either, cuz I have everything shipped to my office (on my companies UPS account, which means I don't pay shipping..muahahahaha!!!!)

Ryngard

Explorer
JVisgaitis said:
At least you guys have a LGS. Closest one to me in 60 miles. A store that I would gladly support? 120 miles. Sucks. :(

That is about my situation. I'm sorry, with the internet the value of the FLGS is mostly gone. You don't NEED them to get groups together and meet new players. In the past (pre-90s) that was the way and it was grand. But now they don't add anything, most tend to be elitist, unknowledgable, rude, and can't compete price wise.

WHY would I go there?

Amazon has been MY preferred since it started really. I love it and bought ALL of my D&D stuff since... 98 or so?

mhensley

First Post
Preorder placed. Total cost for 4th edition core rule books = $37.81*. :lol:

*Free shipping plus $25.00 reward certificate from my Amazon Visa. I highly suggest having one. It really does save me a lot of money every year.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Enforcer said:
Previously, Amazon had no discount listed for the core rulebook gift set. But now they do! Currently (US) $66.12, making it about $3 cheaper than buying each of the core books separately from Amazon. Order now for a 5% preorder discount. And, as always, Amazon will charge you the lowest price between the time you order and when it actually ships.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786950633
Preordered, along with H1. Thanks for the tip.

Aus_Snow

First Post
edit --- Never mind. Now I remember why I had ******* on IL. :\

FWIW, I buy stuff either way, depending on a few factors. Online, FLGS, it's all good.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The economic and political discussion should just be taken to CircvsMaximvs. We don't bite, and that is where your fellow gamers go to discuss that sort of stuff.

Well, OK, we do bite. But that shouldn't stop you from posting!

Sphyre

First Post
frankthedm said:
Gamers DO NOT owe a store business because they live near it. Gamers do not owe a store business because of service one should normally expect, nay, DEMAND of ANY retail establishment. The only time gamers owe a store is when that store goes above and beyond in service, atmosphere and selection. Which as it happens Games Plus http://www.games-plus.com DOES do.

Maybe I’ll spend that $50 over there this Friday…

I wish I were closer to Games Plus... I'd like to check it out. I live in Naperville, and the closest D&D selling gaming store (I.E. not a book store like Barnes and Noble or Borders) was the Gamer's Paradise in the Fox Valley Mall. They had horrible service, stuck up and rude, and pretty much acted like 'the only reason you're in this store is because you have money, now fork it over."

Obviously, that sort of stuck up attitude caught up with them and they went out of business at least 6 months ago. They pissed off a lot of customers and apparently they paid for it. Now the closest one is the Gamer's Paradise in Yorktown Mall just off I-355. Fortunately they are much much nicer, and the people who work there are actually gamers themselves. Nice being enough reason to go there, but at the same time, it'd be nice to have something that's a true FLGS..

FLGS - Friendly Local Gaming Store. People sometimes forget the first and second parts of that acronym.

I already preordered the 3 books about a week ago. I don't think I'll have a problem with that. It only cost me 15.75 after the 50 dollar borders gift card my brother gave me for christmas. I don't know if I can cancel/change the order, but I figure getting a cardboard housing for it isn't worth the trouble of redoing the order and paying a few more cents :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads