Aquarius Alodar

First Post
OK, where were we?

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

730px-LA_County_Incorporated_Areas_Los_Angeles_highlighted.svg.png

800px-LA05.jpg

RAtM-BattleofLosAngeles.jpeg

+Disneyworld, Universal Studios Hollywood:
They are now outposts of the Kingdom of Orlando. Although they maintain function as theme parks, most (if not all) employees must go to the Kingdom to be screened and trained as official members of the Kingdom Of Orlando’s military.

.....Basically, something similar has been done in the Parisian 'facilities' (as evidenced by the ongoing construction of a subterranean monorail nexus that seems to have Euston Square as one of its termini.)

Elsewhere:

Sunnydale... on this setting, I think it'll have to change (post-last season (since there's a large amount of Slayers out there), but it's not a hole in the ground-so it might be a sort of 'composite' with other earlier seasons. Many people know that it was the Hellmouth (now it's fame alone makes it a supernatural hotspot, but it's not a Hellmouth-and neither is Cleveland), and decide to either leave town, ready a hefty defense, or leave well enough alone).

....One would of course wonder, just WTF Cleveland, OH ended up as....of course the Hellmouth was a probability coja on a scale to rival CLULESS, minus the blatancy......perhaps its popped up somewhere else?

Last edited:

This probably riffs off too much like Warhammer 40K... well, just attempting to thin of a new 'introduction' for the setting.

Here goes:

"It is the dawn of a new age. A decade ago, the world as we knew it ended. An event known nowadays as 'The Vanishing' destroyed the barriers of reality, dropping all kinds of beings, technologies and phenomena on Earth's lap, altering it forever.

The world has been divided between that which is real and that which is Fiction.

This is an Era of Badass. To be alive in such times is a constant test on your mental, ethical and physical resilience. It is a constant fight to adapt and prevail-or die trying. It is to live on the strangest and most brutal of crossovers-an ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny, the final victor still undetermined. Pity those stuck in the middle.

The following tales occur on those times. The line has been drawn, and now there is no going back.

Forget anything you knew about rationality, for now the 'Rule of Cool' prevails. Embrace the power of the Tropes, for they now mold your destiny. Leave your sanity at the door, for in the near future, there is only chaos. There is no longer a safe place, only a Multiverse slowly going mad and one timeline-the Core Timeline-which is almost too far gone.

We bid you welcome."

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Yeah....little too heavy on the grimdark for me.....

This is the end, beautiful friend/
This is the end, my only friend, the end/
Of our elaborate plans, the end/
Of everything that stands, the end/
No safety or surprise, the end/
I'll never look into your eyes...again
........but I got you an anthem over here, though. :D

"......Nine years. Nine*frakking*years! *sigh* I was actually sitting quite quietly in 'supported accomodation' as they used to call it back then (college studentry, fun!) :D ...and the laws of physics decide to go 'poop' on me and the likes of me. Hence, you. It may be all 'saturday-morning TV strategy' and similar for us, now, and I don't mind that - in fact, I enjoy it. Variety is the spice of life and things.

Ok, rant done. Now, please sit down and what would you like to drink? Hot chocolate? Tea? Or I could just make us all some orange juice.
."

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
I apologize for my overall absence in this thread since...well, a while now. I've been busy with my own d20 projects, life's thrown me a few blows now and again, and the latest stumbling block was my laptop needing repairs (I just got it back today). Anyway, since then, I have had some moments of expanding the list of potential Coreline-relevant templates. New entries or added exlanation since the last list are bolded:
Atomic Giant: Radioactive giant versions of normally small monsters. See any number of 50's B-movies.
Bog Zombie: Powerful undead that heal damage when in contact with swamps, such as DC Comics' Solomon Grundy.
Fable: From the comic series of the same name. Regenerative powers, nigh-immortality, etc.
Half-Dalek: Dalek-hybrids have been shown to exist several times in the Doctor Who series, so why not?
Half-Prawn: The human-prawn hybrid form seen in District 9. Admittedly, that was a stopping point in between forms, but I felt there was some interpretive wiggle room.
Protagonist Creature: A more clever, versatile, and heroic version of an "enemy mook" monster, such as most of the Paper Mario companions.
Reptilian Regenerator: Serum-crafted regenerating reptilian humanoids. Examples include the Lizard from the Spider-Man comics and the titular creatures of the old B-movie The Alligator People.
Soul-Hewn Armor: A more expansive system than my original attempt at replicating Fullmetal Alchemist's blood seal.
Sith Abomatinion: Sithspawn creatures from the Star Wars universe, such as the chrysalide rancor and Gorc the Gammorean.
Super-Animal: Superpowered animals such as the various Kryptonian-powered DC Comics critters. Optional rules from Blood and Vigilance applied.
Swamp Guardian: Swamp-dwelling plant creatures such as Swamp Thing and Man-Thing.

Yeah... haven't posted mush, too, because of RL kicking my rear and dampening my creative vein.

BTW, the half-Prawn? Undiluted awesome idea, girl. So's the super-animal one.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
APES:
planet_apes_desktop.jpg

Ape recruiting poster, possible fake, posted on the Internet 23 Weeks Post-Vanishing.

Hailing from a parallel dimension that had monkeys develop advanced cognitive capabilities on par with humans’ (and then declaring us their pets), the apes are pretty much a reflection of us-that is, if we were (or still were) like them. They use guns. They have cities. They have a government.
They just don’t like us “damn, dirty humans”.
For all means and purposes, there are only two playable classes of ape: the Chimpanzee, which is the most “normal” of the two, and the Gorilla, who is used more normally as a “heavy trooper”.
-Chimpanzees:
*+2 Dex, -2 Int.
*Medium-Sized.
*They start with the Alertness feat
*They have the Scent ability.
*Bite attack of 1d6+1 damage.
*Speed of 30 ft (40 when moving on all fours). Climb speed of 30 ft.

-Gorillas:
*+2 Str, +3 Dex, -2 Int.
*Large-Sized.
*They start with the Alertness feat.
*They have the Scent ability.
*Bite attack of 1d6+2, Claw attack (?) of 1d6+5.
*Speed of 25 ft (35 when moving on all fours). Climb speed of 30 ft.

Complicated mierda (or perhaps not, amigo, take as you will)..... Woodside, CA is, Post-Vanishing, a 'last line of defense' cooperative commune against a Zaius/Grodd/Mallah teamup. Apparently, the bastardos killed the commune leader's adoptive mother in front of her. Why, I don't know..(FTEvulz,no doubt.)..but in any case, Zira dosen't seem to have gotten her to talk yet.

(I said it was complicated.) :D

Well... it's nice hearing from you again, man.

One small thing... Grodd and Mallah are more likely to kill each other than cooperate (and actually, they did. Mallah lost. Good thing that Death is Cheap in comic books...).

Now, all of those of the 'Planet of the Apes' verse getting together... well, that might be a mite easier (although they will be at each other's throats once there's no humans left to kill...)

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Well... it's nice hearing from you again, man.

One small thing... Grodd and Mallah are more likely to kill each other than cooperate (and actually, they did. Mallah lost. Good thing that Death is Cheap in comic books...).

Now, all of those of the 'Planet of the Apes' verse getting together... well, that might be a mite easier (although they will be at each other's throats once there's no humans left to kill...)

.....Ahem. actually, there was some kind of peace movement, wasn't there? (Lisa, Mandemus....) La Resistance california style vis-a-vis the set up in Birmingham, England.

Remove ads