• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could anyone recommend a good dugeon crawl?

Thyrkill

Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a good dungeon crawl adventure for the next part of my campaign. My group is 6 to 7 players strong, with an average character level of 7. I am primarily looking for something fun for them to crawl through that I can adapt to my storyline (the characters have been in the wilderness for a while now).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Crothian

First Post
Dungeon Crawl Classics. THis is a series of adventures (non contected) from Goodman Games. THey have a variety (I think 13 at this point) of them. They are all good, fun dungeon crawls with plots that are easy to adapt.

Try Goodman's Aerie of the Crow God. Joe sent me that as a reference for my own, and it's a darn fun module. Lots of good opponents, and interesting battlegrounds. And it will easily accomodate characters of that level.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
All the Goodman Games Dungeoncrawls are perfect. Dragonfiend Pact is good for lower levels and, as mentioned, The Crow God is great - maybe the best of the group.

It'll require a bit of tweaking to 3.5 (not much, though), but I specifically designed The Hero Snare (MonkeyGod Enterprises) to challenge characters of that level... with kobolds. :D

Emiricol

Crothian said:
Dungeon Crawl Classics. THis is a series of adventures (non contected) from Goodman Games. THey have a variety (I think 13 at this point) of them. They are all good, fun dungeon crawls with plots that are easy to adapt.

Definitely. The Dungeon Crawl Classics are great modules, and I heartily recommend them. I also recommend the Rappan Athuk series.

Anthro78

Explorer
Monte Cook's Banewarrens. Fun and exciting, with a great city to match, Ptolus, and a great backstory. Killed one of my characters twice so far, and they're not to the final bit yet. Got to love that.

Anthro78

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Thyrkill said:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a good dungeon crawl adventure for the next part of my campaign. My group is 6 to 7 players strong, with an average character level of 7. I am primarily looking for something fun for them to crawl through that I can adapt to my storyline (the characters have been in the wilderness for a while now).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

I will put my vote in for Necromancer Games' excellent Tomb of Abysthor or Vault of Larin Karr. I would also recommend The Grey Citadel also by Necromancer. The Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics are also good, as has already been stated. My vote though is for Bloody Jack's Gold. The level may be a bit too high, but it can be scaled. The artwork in that one is great, done by Erol Otus.

Just my $0.02.

DM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads