• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Could someone(s) assist me...

Link 86

First Post
You change into something else... maybe an abberation (suggestion). You also gain the powers of time (slow down time, while you your self continue to move at a normal pace, rewind time, an explosion like attack (those are the only ones I can think of at this time)), incendently your also loosing health at a steady rate

JonnyFive

First Post
so, just off the top of my head you have a poly/shapechange, haste/timestop. what does the alternate change do for you? and how nasty is the explosion attack? also does the health go away quickly? slowly? also, does it stay gone when you change back?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
It's obviously a greater artifact. Unique, ridiculously powerful and more plot device than actual item.
Not so much polymorph as granting an Alternate Form. You can only change into the Dark Prince, sort of an alternate planar version of yourself.
I'd say the GM designs a similar and yet opposite version of the character, and this is the alternate form. Accompanied by a free use of one of the various blast-centered-on-user spells (caster level equal to character level +1).

There aren't any existing mechanics (that I'm aware of) for the rewinding of time power, though an effect that allowed the character to redo a round of actions would be appropriate and shouldn't be too unbalanced (though it may be). Haste and Timestop both simulate the slowing of the rest of the world, though haste is beter for this use since you can still physically attack opponents.

Good Luck.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Given the presented facts I'd say haste wouldn't be enough, maybe a "7th-level haste" of sorts, granting blinding speed, resulting on enemies being flat-footed always.

Also, the "reality revision" the mask allows sounds to me nothing short of a limited wish

Thurbane

First Post
Maybe instead of the rewind time power, you could grant an ability like the Luck domain to re-roll a dice, certain number of times per day.

For the alternate form, perhaps grants the fiendish or hlaf-fiend template for a temporary amount of time.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Thurbane said:
Maybe instead of the rewind time power, you could grant an ability like the Luck domain to re-roll a dice, certain number of times per day.
The mask lets you intentionally fall off a cliff, rewind time, intentionally run into a whirling blade trap, rewind time and then tumble and jump successfully through the platforming puzzle. In the span of 30 seconds relative time.
A reroll is is no way appropriate.

This is an extremely powerful artifact that turns the single PC into a one-man epic party, not a balanced piece of equipment for the standard magical Wal-Mart. Just a point to keep in mind.

The limited wish may be the way to go if you want to tie it to an existing mechanic.
Thurbane said:
For the alternate form, perhaps grants the fiendish or hlaf-fiend template for a temporary amount of time.
Nice idea. :cool: Much simpler than my suggestion and very appropriate. I vote half-fiend.

Machiavelli

First Post
It's insane. The whole point of the mask in Prince of Persia was to take a not-too-far-above-average person and turn him into a superbeing. In D&D, you start with essentially a superbeing, who doesn't need a mask, and then you match him up with other very powerful beings united in a common goal.

Of course, speculating about these stats is fun, even though the end result would never make any sense in a D&D campaign, other than to add a 2nd-lvl Commoner to an epic party, or somesuch.

Remove ads