• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen155

First Post
Until I finish my draft of the Council Members Thread II, I will continue to update this page.

With so many changes in the past several months to so many faccets of the GMF many previous propositions have been placed on hold waiting for a CM to reopen them (such a proposition must be seconded).

I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss Rules, Propostions made by Council Members or Members, and provide the Council Members a place to vote on something. Discussion can and should be held by the Council Members and the Members of the GMF

I will make a list of all propositions and votes held.
1. Items being voted upon.
2. Very inportant matters effecting the GMF.
3. Items being discussed.
4. Items on hold.
5. Recent updates.

1. Council Member postion slot expansion.
Proposed by: Xen155
Outcome:
The opening of a new spot and the instalment of Y.O. Morales as a new Council Member. (passed)
Update: Y.O. Morales has been inactive for sufficient time to lose the position of Council Member.

2. Maintainment of an odd number of Council Members.
Proposed by: ChaosEvoker
Outcome:
There may be only an odd number of Council Members at any time. (passed)

3. ChaosEvokers official status and powers.
Outcome:
On hold.

4. Rescinding of DungeonMasterCal’s title and powers as a Council Member.
Outcome:
Recalled, DungeonMasterCal will remain a Council Member. (failed)
Update: DungeonMasterCal has been inactive for sufficient time to lose the position of Council Member.

5. Alteration of rule #2 "No Discussion of any Novels."
Outcome:
Novels may be discussed on threads created for that purpose. (passed.)

6. Drawing up of a mission and vission statment.
Proposed by: NightCloak
Outcome:
On hold.

7. Password removal.
Proposed by: Y. O. Morales
Outcome:
The password required to enter the GMF will be "Dispelled". (passed)

8.Rules Governing the use of Moderator power.
Outcome:
The rules governing the moderator powers are set. (passed)

9.Greetings and sign up thread creation.
Proposed by: NightCloak
Outcome:
On hold.

Update: With disscusion of the GMF website directly effecting the nessecity and outcome of this proposition, it has been placed on hold De Facto

10.GMF T-Shirt.
Proposed by: Y.O. Morales
Outcome:
On hold.

11.GMF Slogan.
Outcome:
On hold.

12.Sticky thread limit.
Proposed by: BardSteohenFox
Outcome:
Space conservation matters will be taken.

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
I propose that we open a new council spot. The GMF has gotten big with 40+ members and I think one Council member for every 7 members sounds acceptable. I would like the other Council Members opnions on this as well as the other members.
If my proposition is accepted then I nominate Y.O. Morales for all the hard work and time he has placed into the GMF.

EDIT: CE has recently accpeted Y.O. Morales as a new Council Member.

Last edited:

Nightcloak

First Post
I'm not sure we'll need a council member for every 7 people, considering most people lurk or only visit periodically. I'd be curious to know how many of the 42 people signed on are actively posting right now.

Besides, don’t forget ChaosEvoker also counts even though he is not ‘technically’ a council member. Just my 2 coppers; I could be off base and I'm quite open to other opinions. :)

I agree about Y.O. Morales, however. He deserves a title and lots more for all the work he’s done to get this forum going.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
indeed, hence the reason I vote for Morales and a counsil member thereby establishing an official 50% majority.

I just realizd something that was just fixed by Morales's appointment to counsil membership. We need to keep an odd number of people on the cousil on the rare chance that we ever actually disagree on something (we haven't so far) but jsut in case we need to always be able to have a majority. I move to maintain the GMF Counsil at an odd number...all in favor:

Aye

Nightcloak

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:
indeed, hence the reason I vote for Morales and a counsil member thereby establishing an official 50% majority.

I just realizd something that was just fixed by Morales's appointment to counsil membership. We need to keep an odd number of people on the cousil on the rare chance that we ever actually disagree on something (we haven't so far) but jsut in case we need to always be able to have a majority. I move to maintain the GMF Counsil at an odd number...all in favor:

Aye

Aye

Xen155

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:
I just realizd something that was just fixed by Morales's appointment to counsil membership. We need to keep an odd number of people on the cousil on the rare chance that we ever actually disagree on something (we haven't so far) but jsut in case we need to always be able to have a majority. I move to maintain the GMF Counsil at an odd number.
Passed with a majority 0f 4 out of 7.

BSF

Explorer
That'll each me not to read all the threads. :)

I concur.

Oh wait, Aye.

Yeah, that's it.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Alright secondly, with the placement of the GMF in this hosted forum several questions have been asked of me (mainly on AIM) what my role is as founder and leader of the DMF. I woudl like to know what the counsil thinks my job should be. Should I be simply another member of the counsil like the rest of you? Should I fulfill a different job and simply oversee the hearings in the counsil? If so, what shoudl that job be? (you get the idea) Perhaps we need to create some kind of written out document describing the jobs of the counsil VS the leader if we seperate them. The floor is open for debate on this issue.

Also, DungeonMasterCal has been missing for many moons and I propose that we remove him from the counsil due to inactivity and find a replacement. If anyone has objections please speak them otherwise we shoudl begin the voting on this issue.

All those in favor...
Aye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads