• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Counter Collection Digital - Wow!

DrNilesCrane

First Post
BEGIN RAVE:

Just bought this over the weekend: basically it is all the Fiery Dragon counter artwork on one disk. Easily the best $30 for a gaming product I've spent, period. Over a thousand print quality images of critters along with tons of pictures for the typical PC races, many critters have multiple pictures, easy to resize for advanced versions of creatures, yadda yadda yadda.

END RAVE.

Sebastian Francis

First Post
DrNilesCrane said:
BEGIN RAVE:

Just bought this over the weekend: basically it is all the Fiery Dragon counter artwork on one disk. Easily the best $30 for a gaming product I've spent, period. Over a thousand print quality images of critters along with tons of pictures for the typical PC races, many critters have multiple pictures, easy to resize for advanced versions of creatures, yadda yadda yadda.

I love Fiery Dragon counters, but I hate the digital idea. It seems to me that to make it equal the quality of the cardboard packs, you'd have to have access to a color laser printer and print on cardstock. Not for me. 'Course, I still miss Intellivision. ;)

BSF

Explorer
I like Counter Collection Digital.

I do have a color inkjet and cardstock to print on. I allows me to print exactly what I need, in the quantities I want. :) Very cool.

DrNilesCrane

First Post
I have a cheap-o HP inkjet printer ($100) and run off the counters on cardstock, which works great (standard print mode works well; draft mode isn't very good at all). The card stock is a little thin and I have a hard time picking the counters up off the table (have the same problem with the purchased counter packs), but I bought some thicker card stock and spray glue the printed sheet and the "backing" together (then cut with a paper cutter). Makes thick counters and since I tend to reuse them (have made a lot of home made ones from WotC's online art gallery's), I bought one of those nail/nut/bolt organizers at Home Depot to store em' all in.

OK, I guess I'm a little obsessed with the counters... :confused:

Psion

Adventurer
DrNilesCrane said:
Over a thousand print quality images of critters along with tons of pictures for the typical PC races, many critters have multiple pictures, easy to resize for advanced versions of creatures

Or to put on the correct* size or shape base....

* - Correct meaning "3.0" in this context. :D

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Can you use them in maps for online gaming?

Well, technically for sure, but legally (since then others can dl the pics used there)?

Bye
Thanee

DaveStebbins

First Post
When I got home from work there was the little postcard thingie from the Post Office in my mailbox saying they tried to deliver it but couldn't (and because I live in an apartment building, they won't just leave a package lying around where someone else could walk off with it). So I guess I'll be taking a break tomorrow morning to head across town to the branch that has my package (third time in the last week - man I went overboard after noticing that this was a three-paycheck month!).

Seeing a thread about how great this product is tonight, when I don't have it but know it's waiting for me, is just torture. Thanks, guys. ;)

-Dave
oh well... it's past my bedtime anyway.

Last edited:

My copy is winging (or driving rather - I picked the cheaper ground mail option) it's way to Australia along with Battle Box and the Feng Shui and Paranoia RPG's. I'll probably have to wait another 2 months to get them but hopefully they are worth the wait.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads