• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cover to Dragon #310 [wow!]

I don't know about "The Protector", the dark-haired sword-wielding woman in the foreground, but the elf in the background with her magic wand reminds me, instead, of Britt Ekland.
Wow, nice thread necromancy for your first post! So welcome aboard.
By the way, that was referring to Sarah Ferguson, former Duchess and wife of Prince Andrew; not the singing artist. Although your mention of Britt Ekland may certainly mean you knew who I meant. :D

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

quadibloc

First Post
By the way, that was referring to Sarah Ferguson, former Duchess and wife of Prince Andrew; not the singing artist. Although your mention of Britt Ekland may certainly mean you knew who I meant.
Ah. No, I did not know that.

I had found this forum through Google; I have a copy of Dragon 310 (recently purchased second-hand because I wanted to establish the chronology of the appearances of the strip "What's New with Phil and Dixie" on a solid footing - Wikipedia was different by one month from "The Phil Foglio Gallimaufry". The latter was right, as I found when the pages put up on the web by the Foglios reached the issues I had), and having liked the cover, I tried searching for online images of the painting.

That's what led me to this thread; I know that necroing an old thread is generally frowned upon.

There are a couple of Magic: the Gathering cards where the artwork seems to be based on celebrities, so it's possible. Thus, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage reminds me of Sandra Bullock and one version (that which appeared in 5th, 6th, and 8th Edition) of Fyndhorn Elder looks like William Schallert (The Patty Duke Show).

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
That's what led me to this thread; I know that necroing an old thread is generally frowned upon.
Nah, it's all good, not least because rezzing a thread sometimes can unearth such gems from the past as this:
P.S. the dark haired fighter looks like one of the employees at the Dunkin' Donuts across the street. It's her face exactly.
That must have been the best Dunkin' Donuts in all of human history!

Which may or may not be saying much.
YMMV.

Hussar

Legend
ROTFLMAO. And here people were telling me that I was making up the whole 3e is Anime thing. Thanks for this bit of thread necro. You made my day.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads