• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Covert Ops Feats (Louis Porter Jr. Design)

lmpjr007

Explorer
Vigilance said:
I think that's the case, that he's listing the new feats' source as their author. Seems like a nice way to give each individual contributor his own credit.

You are correct. A lot of these feats I found on the net when I was looking for cool new modern feats and I said " Hey that is cool. I would love to put it in a d20 modern book or PDF." So I contacted the author asked them if I could use it and told them I would give them credit in the section 15 and they were like "Cool, I would love it!"

Vigilance

Explorer
lmpjr007 said:
You are correct. A lot of these feats I found on the net when I was looking for cool new modern feats and I said " Hey that is cool. I would love to put it in a d20 modern book or PDF." So I contacted the author asked them if I could use it and told them I would give them credit in the section 15 and they were like "Cool, I would love it!"

Ahhh... see I thought you had done like an open call and jsut wanted to credit each contributor individually. If all the feats were around somewhere previously, it makes even more sense that you did it that way.

Chuck

lmpjr007

Explorer
Vigilance said:
Ahhh... see I thought you had done like an open call and jsut wanted to credit each contributor individually. If all the feats were around somewhere previously, it makes even more sense that you did it that way.

Chuck

A lot of these feats came from people's home games. I have a lot more that I am going to put into another Covert Ops Feat Book coming soon plus I did the same thing for my upcoming Pulp Feat book. I don't want to repeat feat that are in other places OR just make copies of feats that are already in existance.

PS: Chuck do me a favor, send me an e-mail (LMPjr007@aol.com) I have a project that I think RPGObjects would love to be part of. Talk to you later.

dpmcalister

Explorer
OK, much coolness all round :)

Can I just ask though, without trying to start a flame war, why didn't you just answer the question yourself? I got a very bad "vibe" from your initial posts to this thread which, have since turned out to be unfair. If you've have just answered the questions openly from the beginning I doubt this situation would have even appeared.

I hope you understand my meaning and take it on board for future publications.

lmpjr007

Explorer
dpmcalister said:
OK, much coolness all round :)

Can I just ask though, without trying to start a flame war, why didn't you just answer the question yourself? I got a very bad "vibe" from your initial posts to this thread which, have since turned out to be unfair. If you've have just answered the questions openly from the beginning I doubt this situation would have even appeared.

I hope you understand my meaning and take it on board for future publications.

To be totally honest, sometimes on the internet when people make comments and about me, my perception is that are not asking for information but they are asking to "start something". That is why I normally will not answer those questions. BUT when people make comment that incorrect and one sided, I will then inform them that they do not know what they are talking about. I have had a lot of people ATTACK me on these forums for all kinds of different things. Some are true, but A LOT are not and that is the problem. Too many people who are fans of this industry equate if you make a cool product, then you must be a cool person in real life. Often that is not true at all. And some people just out and out lie because they are afraid of ANY competition in this industry. So I am a little gunshy when dealing with people on the net. It is very easy to have a "mob mentality" online. But in the future, if anyone has a question about a product I will do my best to answer it in a quick and non-agressive way.

Please forgive me, if anyone feel attacked or targeted by comments I might have made.

KeithCrimson

First Post
Yeah. I thought it was a little odd that a thread asking for a product review became some what of a debate without any real information for the most part. I did look up the Haven setting and will probably get that next week. I think that would make a great addition to my game.

Remove ads