• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CR modification for Divine Rank 0?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Well, 2 melee warriors in the current party is a Duskblade who wields a +5 Starmetal Greatsword and has Arcane Strike feat, & a multi-classed Dragon Disciple with Str of 36 or so who wields a +5 Starmetal Greataxe. Even without using Power Attack, they tend to inflict med 30th to 40 or so of damages per hit against extra dimensional creatures.

And while there is an archer in the party, he is a Scout/Ranger with Improved Skirmish feat and has tons of various bane arrows (he happens to have some Good Outsider Bane Arrows, too!). He usually uses Greater Manyshot to shoot 2-3 arrows at a time and often rolling about 10 dice (I don't know exactly how many) for each arrowhead.

Others are casters with full or nearly full casting abilities and either have access to Assay Spell Resistance spell and/or non-SR attack spells such as Orbs and Acid Storm.

Our current 18th-level campaign is like this.

Runestar

First Post
Assuming they hit.

The titan now has an AC of at least 45 (or 47 if you replace his half-plate with fullplate :uhoh:). The fighters are all but forced to forgo the use of power attack if they hope to able to hit him reliably, and this is just with their first 2 attacks (or 3 with haste). I think your iterative attacks have no chance of hitting.

And this is before dr applies...

I guess I was too spoiled by my warblade (dr is less of an issue when you make only one attack each round). :cool:

The duskblade probably can go quickened true-strike, arcane strike (+5 to-hit, +5d4 damage), channel vampiric touch and PA for a comfortable amount to deal decent damage with his 1 attack at full bab, even after dr.

Not sure about the dragon disciple. The archer seems a tad more disadvantaged. While manyshot effectively lets you make your full-attack at your best bab (albeit with penalties), dr applies to each of them, so that is easily 50% of his damage gone.

Seems the quasi-deity template affects the fighters more than the casters...:p

someonelse812

First Post
antimagic field

Don't forget that deities are immune to antimagic field, it says "Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this." So that right there is pretty cool, especially if the deity in question has the ability to raise an AMF around them, in which case they still get all their magic power and the mortal PCs get none.

I really think challenge ratings for divine ranks should be more, but as far as I can find (I don't remember the source to be honest with you), divine rank only increases CR by +1 per DR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads