• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Craft (Drug Creation) (3E)

papa_laz

First Post
Recently the druid character in my campaign expressed an interest in growing, harvesting and processing psychoactive plants for the purpose of setting up a drug dealing operation. I couldn't find any rules for it in the core books, so I checked the Book of Vile Darkness which has a section on drugs but alas there were no rules on drug creation to be found there either.

So I've decided to homebrew it. I'm thinking of having one craft skill "Drug Creation" which will cover growing plants, harvesting them and processing them into a consumable product. I'm thinking this may also cover the chemistry knowledge for creating synthesised drugs, though this is possibly something complex enough to warrant its own skill. The other option is making him take something like Craft (Gardening) and Craft (Herbalism).

What are your thoughts? Anyone done this before in a campaign?

Sempronius

First Post
Craft:alchemy should do you fine.
I don't have the 3.5 PHB, so I don't hae any of the examples or stuff they give there, but in the 3e PHB, the Alchemy skill had the following flavour text:
"Alchemists combine strange ingredients in secret ways to make marvelous substances."
Isn't that pretty much what this drug-dealing druid wants to do?
That should do for the making the substances, but for the gathering/planting/keeping the plants, I would rule Knowledge:Nature and Survival would be the relevant skills.

Last edited:

Remove ads