• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Craft Item and Shadow Conjuration

trespassers

First Post
i've been wondering if an Evoker (with a prohibited school of Conjuration) could, with the Craft Wonderous Item and Greater Shadow Conjuration spell, create Bracers of Armor ...

if he CAN, i would imagine that the BoA would be 40% as effective as normal BoAs ...

or, probably more likely, since it's not the ACTUAL spell 'Mage Armor' he would need someone else to cast Mage Armor for him while he's creating them ...

or maybe he should just buy them and stop wasting everyone's time :rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

Marius

First Post
I would house rule it to create a 40% failure rate of creation, as opposed to the 40% effectiveness, simply because I hate math, and one is a one time figure, and the other would come up alot more.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Dr Evil: "I'm sorry GSE. Your just not "real" enough. Your only quasi-real, semi-real. You are the margarine of real. You are teh diet coke of real."

I wouldn't allow the item to be made. Bracers of armor require mage armor, and GSE isn't it. You could rule to create some new wondrous items with GSE, but I wouldn't do bracers of armor.

Marius

First Post
Stalker0 said:
Dr Evil: "I'm sorry GSE. Your just not "real" enough. Your only quasi-real, semi-real. You are the margarine of real. You are teh diet coke of real."

I wouldn't allow the item to be made. Bracers of armor require mage armor, and GSE isn't it. You could rule to create some new wondrous items with GSE, but I wouldn't do bracers of armor.

Bracers of Shadow? =) I think its a semantical argument to change the name, but the outcome is the same.

trespassers

First Post
Well, now that i think about it, Bracers of Shadow Armor would probably cost more than Bracers of Armor and would be less effective.

"Hmm, as an 8th level Evoker, i can make Bracers of Armor +4, but since i can't cast any Conjuration spells, Mage Armor is prohibited to me. So, i could make Bracers of Shadow Armor +1 for the same price ... 16k GP? SIGN ME UP!"

Marius

First Post
trespassers said:
Well, now that i think about it, Bracers of Shadow Armor would probably cost more than Bracers of Armor and would be less effective.

"Hmm, as an 8th level Evoker, i can make Bracers of Armor +4, but since i can't cast any Conjuration spells, Mage Armor is prohibited to me. So, i could make Bracers of Shadow Armor +1 for the same price ... 16k GP? SIGN ME UP!"

"I didn't say they wouldn't, I said you shouldn't!"

Li Shenron

Legend
i've been wondering if an Evoker (with a prohibited school of Conjuration) could, with the Craft Wonderous Item and Greater Shadow Conjuration spell, create Bracers of Armor ...

if he CAN, i would imagine that the BoA would be 40% as effective as normal BoAs ...

Good question: I had the same doubt before with using Miracle/Wish to duplicate spells to create items (if allowed, it could have made Clerics much better creators than Wizards, since no Xp cost for Miracle). Probably it shouldn't work; you can however setup a new magic item like Bracers of Shadow Armor which requires GSC and gives appropriate advantages.

or, probably more likely, since it's not the ACTUAL spell 'Mage Armor' he would need someone else to cast Mage Armor for him while he's creating them ...

I think this will be the best way :)

or maybe he should just buy them and stop wasting everyone's time :rolleyes:

Another way :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads