• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crafting times...

Furtive Noise

First Post
About how long does it take to make different armors and weapons? I looked around for a chart or anything that might give me a rough estimate, but all I could find was the description under the craft skill. Is this all there is to go by? My players are getting to the point where they can start to commision items and I needed a quick answer the other night (didn't have time to figure out the crafting rules and decide on ranks for the armorer). Is there a quicker way of doing this that I've missed, or should I just suck it up and do the math? Thanks in advance for any help.

Lord Ben

First Post
A mage with the fabricate spell can do it in a few minutes... :) A smith it would be about a week or so I'd guess. If the PC's haul in that big load of loot and want to get 4 masterwork longswords for the party is it really nice to make them wait a month? Probably not, I don't get picky over it.

How long do you want them to stay in town is the real question?

Crothian

First Post
Suck it up and do the math!! :D

Seriously, it's not that tough. Take a fifth level expert, 16 attribue, skill focus, MW tools and you have +15. (personally, I just come up with the total +X and don't care where the little numbers come from).

Most things take a few weeks for a good smith. It's your game so you are allowed to bend the laws of time and space and just say it'll take 16 days to make that bastard sword without even rolling a die.

According to the book it takes a week to ake something, I forget if it's a second week or not to make it masterwork. Not terribley realistic or well explained, I know.

I would do something like 1 day per point of max damage, 2 days for protection, double that for masterwork, with masterwork being a 1 week minimum. That way making a dagger might take 4 days, but a masterwork mercurial greatsword or masterwork full plate will take 32, which sounds realistic to me.

Remove ads