• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crayola Dry Erase Crayons

Festivus

First Post
I spotted these at the drug store a few weeks back and picked them up mainly for my kids, who always seem to leave the caps off the markers, so that when I go to use them they are dried out and useless. I decided to give them a try on my gaming surfaces (Flip Mats) to see how they worked out compared to wet and dry erase markers.

The crayons come with your standard selection of colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Brown and Black) and include a eraser glove. They have very little odor to them, and when written on a dry erase board or flip mat, look basically like crayon marks.

What is really nice about these in comparison to dry erase markers is that it's fairly persistent. An errant finger rub on the map ins't going to smudge or wipe away portions of what was written. It doesn't have the wet erase problem of clean up and blue fingertips.

The price ($10 for the 6 crayons and a small dry erase board, $5 for just the crayons) is more than competitive with any high quality dry/wet erase markers.

http://crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+98-5200

I think that I will only be using these for future gaming use and give up on pens that dry out or leak. Give em a shot!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
There was an earlier thread about these recently. And you're right - they really are a great product.

I've always appreciated how Crayola has managed to be both an innovative company and maintain the quality of their products over the decades that I've been a customer. And nothing was better than the first day of school and that fresh new box of 64 crayons! B-)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
'Tsokay, the post had fallen off of the front page, and is worth reposting. :)

I need to order a few extra - for some reason I am convinced that anything this handy won't be around for long. :)

The Auld Grump, who would be muttering into his beard, if he had a beard....

Remove ads