• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creating an Auspician

Gromnar

First Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to create an auspician character from faiths and panethons. One of the requirements are access to the luck domain. My first question is, if one takes the Arcane Disciple feat, does that fit the prereqs? It says you gain domain spells, but not the domain itself. My second question is it says "Base Save Bonuses: Fort +5, Ref +2". Does this include the prereq feats to increase those bonuses, or just base from your classes?

Thanks everyone!

Empirate

First Post
Arcane Disciple is not sufficient. That feat only adds the spells to your spell list, but doesn't grant a domain. You must be a Cleric (or Druid/Contemplative, or whatever) of a deity which grants the Luck domain, and you must actually have chosen it as one of your domain choices. Furthermore, you must not have traded it out for a Devotion feat as per Complete Champion.

Base save bonuses only include the base saves gained from hit dice and class levels. Great Fortitude etc. don't change your BASE save bonuses, only the actual, totalled bonuses when you roll a save.

Have fun with your Auspician! The class always struck me as interesting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads