CREATIVE EXERCISE: Tainted Lands

Arkhandus said:
Hehe, cool. Though I'm sure the original poster meant town-ships as in townships, meaning clusters of towns. {:^)

u are right there Arkhandus but I love the way that word has been given a new meaning. Awesome!

Contribution:

The negative Taint of this region makes it conducive for entities of certain planes to roam freely, as long as they remain in this region. Thus the dangers and the challenges faced by the common folk of this land is further compounded by dark outsider denizens who have easier access to their realm. On the flip side, this provides very fertile ground for heroes and champions to be "born". One such hero is the retired adventurer and present Grand Emir of the town-ship Juggernaut, Ras Benar.

Arkhandus

First Post
The Elementalists of Kinza Genharabi protect their villages with bound elementals and constructs, whose origin from the land prevents their energy from draining away. However, the tainted land these elementals are formed of lends them a sinister look and renders them prone to occasional, violent straining against their eldritch bonds.

Sarellion

Explorer
Arkhandus said:
The Elementalists of Kinza Genharabi protect their villages with bound elementals and constructs, whose origin from the land prevents their energy from draining away. However, the tainted land these elementals are formed of lends them a sinister look and renders them prone to occasional, violent straining against their eldritch bonds.

I only meant that undead are drained as the negative energies of undead are drained by the tainted land.

frog

Explorer
SALADIN said:
This region for reasons unknown is tainted by a perpetual undercurrent of evil and negativity, and this undercurrent manifests in a multitude of ways and it varies greatly in strength and intensity.

Dude...I work in this place!!! (sorry...I couldn't resist)

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Planetouched folk are rare in the Tainted Lands, but for a slightly different reason than you might think - both fiends and angels bar the metaphysical gates between the worlds, fearful of the strange energies which suffuse and drain the land. Only the most powerful demons and devils enter in search of some means by which they may harness this dark power, establishing small followings of duped or desperate mortals from whom half-fiends and planetouched occasionally arise before the death or retreat of the fiend itself, while the only celestials which walk the land are those left behind after great struggles to prevent mortals from breaching the barrier between the Tainted Lands and the heavens, and rarely do they seek companionship.

One of the more common religious beliefs is that this world actually used to be a part of Hell*. The mortal souls eventualy so outnumbered the fiends, however, that their spiritual "weight" shifted the world into the material plane. Over the course of eons, it lost its demonic nature and grew to be a "normal" world--except for certain select areas, such as this one.

* Hell, in this case, being a generic term for "The abode of the damned and home of demons," not necessarily Hell in the "Nine Hells of Baator" sense.

Khorod

First Post
The Ensouled Priests of Emarras are dedicated to the notion of sliding the world ever-closer to a heavenly state by the expansion and enlightenment of the human population.

One of their number seeks to become a living portal to the heavens by feeding on the souls of the young, thus creating a point of soul-density.

Remove ads