• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Rystil Arden

First Post
Contribution:

Well, 12:00 Central Time. That means this is the last contribution that counts. Everything else is apocrypha.

Of course, the ENWorld clock is off by a bit, so this won't look like 12:00 ;)

And, we're done.

Folks, give yourself a round of applesauce--er, applause. Regardless of where things go from here, we've created something truly fascinating, something that not a one of us could have developed on his or her own. However the PDF itself turns out, this thread is something to be proud of.

Any chance of digging up a few more volunteers, now that it's all said and done? :)

To those of you already on the list, I'll be sending out an outline and formatting document shortly.

Arkhandus

First Post
New compilation of the thread will be posted within a week.....

I'm away from home at the moment, but was about 1/3 or 1/4 finished with my nicely-ordered compilation of the Eyros contributions before I had to go out of town.... Only have brief computer access right now, and over the next few days. But I won't let this thread slide too far down before I get the compilation finished and posted myself. {:^D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Arkhandus said:
New compilation of the thread will be posted within a week.....

I'm away from home at the moment, but was about 1/3 or 1/4 finished with my nicely-ordered compilation of the Eyros contributions before I had to go out of town.... Only have brief computer access right now, and over the next few days. But I won't let this thread slide too far down before I get the compilation finished and posted myself. {:^D
Ramin did one for us, thanks though!

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, consider this a bump for posterity's sake. Been a while since we worked on the Eyros PDF, and that's still hanging in the aether. I'll see about reanimating/updating the rules/crunch thread, as I had done just before last year's crash, with typical Eyros NPCs and stuff, and possible versions of the houseruled core races (they only got minor tweaks anyway; the gnomes' necromantic focus in place of illusions, the half-orc stat tweaks, the language choices, a few altered favored classes, and very little else).

Also: I may end up organizing a better, well, 'organized' compilation of this thread at some point, but it became a kinda moot point near the end of this thread's run, what with others and the Wiki. I still think I recall noticing some missing or inaccurate bits of info in some earlier compilation, but I dunno.

If ya don't want to scroll through some of the previous pages looking for the Compilation Wiki, I have a link to it right in my sig.

Sarellion said:
The project more or less hibernates. We turned in the first drafts to Ari but he has no time to work on it IIRC.

Indeed.

I take full responsibility for my failure to follow through on my commitment to publishing Eyros as a PDF. Unfortunately, I seriously underestimated the time and the amount of work it would take to make it happen. (As you may have noticed, Eyros got to be pretty freakin' huge by the end there. ;)) I had thought it would be something I could crank out between "real" gigs; unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case.

I still hope to manage it at some point. But I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure if/when that would be. :(

Remove ads