• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

X

xnosipjpqmhd

> ...the ruler of Eyros has been called both King and
> Emperor; I've changed all references to Emperor)

Actually I think the first reference to him/her was in post #7 as the "Grand Monarch," probably because it seemed we were shying away from the terms kingdom and empire.

Again, not that I care one way or the other. Actually, for all I know, he/she may have numerous titles and forms of address. In fact, his/her actual formal title might be quite involved, such as the "Grand Monarch of the Empire of the Sovereign Dominion of Eyros, Supreme Ruler of the Subjugate Protectorates, Warlord of the Sundry Tribes of Far Quonambo, Admiral-Chieftain of the Islet Colonies of Uei and of the Eight Surrounding Seas…."

ironregime

ironregime said:
Actually I think the first reference to him/her was in post #7 as the "Grand Monarch," probably because it seemed we were shying away from the terms kingdom and empire.

Again, not that I care one way or the other. Actually, for all I know, he/she may have numerous titles and forms of address. In fact, his/her actual formal title might be quite involved, such as the "Grand Monarch of the Empire of the Sovereign Dominion of Eyros, Supreme Ruler of the Subjugate Protectorates, Warlord of the Sundry Tribes of Far Quonambo, Admiral-Chieftain of the Islet Colonies of Uei and of the Eight Surrounding Seas…."

ironregime

You're right. I'd totally lost track of that.

I'll go back and change it. No sense in not following my own rules. ;)

Phineas Crow

First Post
Here is a draft list of NPCs... I plan on adding groups/factions later and combing the posts for referances that I may have missed.

The People and Pillars of Eyros

Aelyna: #163.
Aeryl Dal-Kiron: #178.
Agathon of the Crimson robe: #70, #104.
Alivia: #104, #121, #188.
Alyria: #178.
Belira: #121.
Borak Foehammer: #55.
Captain Darrenback: #28, #30, #59.
Conquers Twice: #83.
Corythos: #69.
Farina Saeryn dal-Mulcibe: #214.
Felra Raj-Tinar: #30, #59.
Herewald: #54, #61.
House Kiron: #69, #176, #177.
House of Malarn: #98, #133, #174.
House Mulcibe: #214.
House of Taljik: #115, #159, #167.
House Vajar: #57, #123.
House Zhal: #45.
Jal-guin/Jal-gwuin: #115, #188.
Kalis Dal-Malorn: #174, #199.
Keyzha Zhal: #45.
Leader of Ghalfaen (unnamed): #59.
Lusarum: #88, #176.
Moskk Greddark: #89.
Sania: #60.
Taogrim: #163.
Taufenacht: #122, #163, #180.
Tellas: #188, #199.
Temera, aka Saint Lasair: #88.
Thanatos: #135, #177.
Urtha: #163.
Vildaxaranthus: #51.

Mark Causey

Explorer
I hope you don't mind a newcomer to all this, and I hope that what I add is acceptable.

Based off of the areas of the world where the blood is spilt as a ceremony, i.e.:

"The common folk make frequent, largely ceremonial blood sacrifice to the soil; the blood of thousands waits beneath the ground for the call of sorcery and ritual. A tree known as Bloodwillow often grows from the blood-soaked soil. The large black fruit it grows is full of seeds and absorbed blood. This fruit, known as Clot Apples (ew!) can be used to give power to necromantic rituals and spells. Entire secret valleys full of Bloodwillows are tended by the Praes Thanatos."

Undead raised from these lands have interesting characteristics; skeletons are red or purple hued; zombie flesh is invigorated, not rotting; the eyes bloodshot, the hair red-brown.

As I only get one fact, I won't presuppose to include the fact that I think that red-hair should be rare or non-existant otherwise. Maybe this will be picked up by someone else.

Phineas, I am in awe. Thank you.

Adamantineangel, don't mind newcomers at all. Heck, It'd be great if we could get more newcomers, but I think the length of the material we have so far may be somewhat intimidating. :)

I think one of the houses--Mulcibe, maybe?--is known for its "bright red-gold hair," so it's too late to make red hair all that rare. The rest of your post is just fine, though. :)

Mark Causey

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
I think one of the houses--Mulcibe, maybe?--is known for its "bright red-gold hair," so it's too late to make red hair all that rare. The rest of your post is just fine, though. :)

Then I'll have to wait and find something hiding in their closets :p Or is it all rumor by another house to discredit them? Hee hee.

Last edited:

domino

First Post
ironregime said:
One-piece low-res topographical map of continent of Eyros...

ironregime
Will you be able to keep editing the map as new geography is put in, or is it a randomish program you're using, that would keep redrawing things differently?

Also, Kalis Dal-Malorn should be Kalis Dal-MalArn.

domino

First Post
Abisashi said:
My bad; I went back and fixed that.
Is cool. Easy mistake, I just figured it would be easier to correct things early, before someone needs to go and correct it a whole mess of times.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads