• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Features

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Supermans Menagerie
In the Justice League Cartoon Supes had a Menagerie of Alien creatures he had saved over the years

Maybe some Outsider has been collecting Monsters of every sort from throughout the Planes and keeping them in a Extra-Dimensional Menagerie

Then:
A)The PCs become the next exhibit at the Zoo!
B) The Monsters escape and the PCs are hired to round them up again
C) The Outsider disappears, her worshippers wonder where she has gone and the PCs (one being her High Priestess another being whatever...) go and look for her and find that she has been possessed by Monster X!!!
D) A Monster version of a Jurassic Park type scenario

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As a variation you could have Great Krishnadhotti's Pan-Planar Circus Extrodinaire roll into your neck of the Prime and have the Monsters escape...

Maerdwyn

First Post
Do they have to fight all the monsters, or could they lead a massive menagerie against an opposing army of monsters using mass combat rules of some sort?

I'd like to have them fight as many of the monsters as they can, though I do have rules for large scale encounters (Mercenaries and War). Of course, the earliest we'd do this is on Friday, so I've got some time to get ready for it, whatever we end up doing.

Breakstone

First Post
How about the Gods electing one of each monster as the "mortal above mortals." One (or all, if they're different races) of the PC's is a "mortal above mortals" and must defeat the other "mortal above mortals" in order to reach godhood.

Only five (or however many are in the adventuring group) "mortal above mortals" may be chosen for godhood. And these would be the last "mortals above mortals" remaining.

First Post
Tsunami said:
Or their god commands them to collect two of every monster and put them on one heck of an ark...

I can see it now:

"Two sprites...check.

Two stirges....check.

Two terrasque....hmmm. Houston, we have a problem...."

:D

Breakstone

First Post
Heh.

Or, the world could be completely new, and the gods have only made two of every animal. The PC's decide to go around and kill all the monsters.

When they die, they become undead.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Why does this sound a little like Oathbound to me. I know it's a VERY different world, but really, the collection, holding of powerful monsters.. Anyway, I have nothing more to add other than WATCH OUT WITH FERALS!! Three packs of can do some SERIOUS damage! I mean even for EPIC level players.

Remove ads