• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Help

chakken98

First Post
I in the process of creating a flesh golem, but just happened to find out that the brain in the jar that I have is actually a undead creature. Which my necromancer was happy to find out about. I determined that I want to incorperate the brain into the golem to make a whole new creature I guess. my dm is cool with this and has everything planned out on how I will add it to the golem etc etc...but he doesn't know what the stats should change to. At the moment the golem has only to be awakened...stats are STR 29 DEX 15 Con N/A INT N/A WIS 12 CHA 1.

Figuring that the brain would be in controll of the golem I figure that the INT WIS CHA would change to that of the brain...or would it be two differtent creatures in the same body...I'd like to see it become one new creature which I'm pretty sure the plan is but I just need stat help so I can take it to DM who told me to ask here.

frankthedm

First Post
Get that brain out of there. Do not activate that golem. That brain will turn your golem against you.

2 choices

Head has exposed glass dome, with the brain inside. It pilots the golem, can be targeted with the sunder action, may be harmed by spells that do not harm the golem and can do its psi attacks as normal. 2 Bosses at once.

Glass casing of the brain buried in the golem, brain controls and sences the golem's surrounds, but cannot attack or be attacked until after the golem is destroyed. a two-stage boss.

Last edited:

chakken98

First Post
I think option one was what my DM was going for. That was the one that I liked the most. Now as for the brain trying to take me out...would be a problem if I was low level but as a 17th level gestalt with more powerful undead under my control a brain in a golem would not be to much of a hassle for me. but I do see your point in the matter. So in essense I should just use the stats for both seperately.

javcs

First Post
Treat it like a parasite or symbiont or whatever it was from Savage Species ... physical stats of the 'host' and mental stats of the 'parasite/symbiont'.

However, do you know what the brain can do? (If not, do not connect the brain to the golem.)

frankthedm

First Post
What can the brain the the jar do? I am away from my Libris Mortis ATM. Or is it a custom monster?

Even If you can beat the golem, if it turns, that's a fair amount of cash out the window.

84741.jpg

Last edited:

chakken98

First Post
that is true, I don't intend to put the brain in it, just add the jar to the head allowing it to be like your first option you presented. As for what it does...it has mind trust, and something else...cant remember at the moment...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads