• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

creatures & limit on magic items worn

Mystendanian

First Post
In the DMG, it lists the limit on magic items worn (for instance, 1 cloak, cape, or mantle). In the listing it says, "2 rings."

Does that mean that a creature with 4 arms could only use 2 magic rings? I know that ultimately it is up to the DM to decide on how he/she interprets the rules for their own campaign, but I was curious if YOU would let a 4-armed creature (say for instance, a Thri-Kreen Character) wear 4 magic rings.

Thanks for your response,

Myst

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If he took the Savage Species feat "Extra Item Space" twice, sure :)

The feat allows something with extra arms or heads or whatever an extra slot... so an ettin can normally only benefit from one necklace and one helmet, but if he takes the Extra Item Space feat, he can add another necklace slot. Or helmet slot. Or goggles slot. Or something else related to having two heads.

-Hyp.

shilsen

Adventurer
Mystendanian said:
In the DMG, it lists the limit on magic items worn (for instance, 1 cloak, cape, or mantle). In the listing it says, "2 rings."

Does that mean that a creature with 4 arms could only use 2 magic rings? I know that ultimately it is up to the DM to decide on how he/she interprets the rules for their own campaign, but I was curious if YOU would let a 4-armed creature (say for instance, a Thri-Kreen Character) wear 4 magic rings.

Thanks for your response,

Myst

Note that in 3.5 the "2 ring" limit does not seem to be based on the number of limbs. The DMG says that both rings can be worn on on hand.

Remove ads