• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Credmoore Play by Post

whardell

Explorer
Sorry for the delay! I think I will try to have set days I post regardless of any player updates and hopefully that will keep me on track. Im thinking Ill post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Without further delay:

Xaal's speech rallies the young elves, they remember their training and seem to drop into a calm collected state. They grab their longbows, quivers, and swords and climb into two solid looking trees. Had you not watched them climb into their perches you would not know they were there.

Moon Wolf gets moved out of sight and secured behind the boulder than Bouda spotted.

Xaal takes a defensive posture behind the boulder as well, confident that he is out of sight.

Bouda returns with the herbs she needs. To your eyes the area looks secure, the elves are hidden, and Xaal is in a defensible spot. You waste no time in applying the herbs to the wounded Mul.

After a few tense minutes the mixture seems to take effect. A bit of color returns to Moon Wolf's face, he coughs suddenly before speaking in a raspy voice. "That Hurt..."
He stands, stumbles a bit but shakes off your attempts to steady him. He shakes his head and lets his Mul constitution go to work. He nods at you and walks to his pile of gear grabs up his hammer and says, "Tell me where I fit in to your plan, and know for sure that it would be a bad idea to tell me to take it easy."

Before you have much of a chance to process that, you hear a rustling from the bushes. Your plans paid off, they seem to be walking into your ambush. The fact that you expected it doesn't make it any more pleasant when 5 corpses shrouded in mist come crashing into your midst.

You have a surprise round and because of your successes, you make take a standard and a move instead of the normal 1 action. The elves are up in trees, able to fire down below. Brown circles are trees, you can move through them [difficult terrain] but cant stop in one of their squares. Green rectangles are brush, just plain old difficult terrain.

All 5 corpses appear to be the same type of creature. You know they are Mist Zombies, pretty straight forward killing machines. They will try to grab you to infect your with the mist.

Last edited:

BoudasBrain

First Post
On her turn, Bouda moves to J7. She then raises her sword and wispers a prayer to Chauntea, casting Hand of Radiance at zombies 2,3 and 4.

OOC- Oops! I forgot to note that these attacks are versus Reflex and I originally missed the part where we have a suprise round. Attack 1 is versus zombie 2, Attack 2 is versus zombie 3, and Attack 3 is versus zombie 4.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
On his turn, Xaal moves and charges toward H2, hoping to attack Zombie #5 w/ Steel Unity Strike (daily). Should the zombies go before him, he'll pick his terrain and move and charge to the nearest target.

whardell

Explorer
Xaal charges z5, stiking a solid blow. The creature is bloodied and cling to unlife by sheer evil will.

Bouda's first attack misses, second two take effect.

You have won initative. First real round starts!

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: what's the init order look like? no sense posting actions when the battlefield may change...

Assuming I'm next (I know I'm before Bouda), I will attempt to send Z5 back from whence it came with a War Song Strike.

OK so the crit should make a fine red mist out of him!

I will then move into square D4, adj to Zs 1-3. Finally as a minor I will augment my Battlemind's Demand into a close burst 1 and mark the wounded Z2 and Z3.

My Steel Unity stance is in effect - if either Z2 or Z3 move without shifting, my OA will be +6 vs. AC, 2d8+4 dmg.

Last edited:

BoudasBrain

First Post
What did Moonwolf do during the surprise round? Also, I forgot to note that the damage from Hand of Radiance is radiant. Bouda moves to F6, challenges Z1 and uses Divine Glow in a blast from C3 to E5. Xaal gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Last edited:

whardell

Explorer
Ok Noted the radiant damage from Bouda's Attacks. The zombies don't like that.

MoonWolf gets two turns since I forgot him.

Init is Xal, Bouda, Moon, Zombies.

Xal's Crit destroys the zombie. Boudas Misses two (even with low zombie reflex) but bloodies the third.

Moonwolf Charges z4

whardell

Explorer
He Follows up with another attack, but misses horribly.

Updated the Map.

Will Post Z turns soon, ran out of time this morning

Attachments

• Knights2-1.JPG
    Knights2-1.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 72

Remove ads