• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Criminal underworld ties

Space monkey

First Post
what sort of skills would involve your level of involvement with the Criminal underworld. I assume Knowledge local would be the knowledge skill , Bluff and sence motive, intimadate? and gather information?

is there any skills or perhaps even feats that would involve this?

What about bards(and Harpers in Forgotten realms)

I want to make my character "connected" how would one do this"

I'm a first level rogue at the moment but will soon be levaling I'm working on a plan for the next few levels I was thinking on taking some levels of fighter.

any ideas.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I don't know if this is covered in the rules anywhere but

imc I have a Feat called 'Friends in Low Places' which gives a +2 bonus to Gather Information, Sense Motive and Intimidate (and implies criminal connections)

(I also have a Feat called 'Friends in High Places' that gives +2 bonus to Gather Information, Sense Motive and Diplomacy (implies links to High Society))

ANything else I would see as requiring roleplaying or special 'house' rules

Space monkey

First Post
I like that and might ask my DM about something like that. However is it not a little bit powerfull most skill + feats are +2 to two catagorys this Is three I wonder if he'd be ok with that.

Other wise I will just roleplay it and see.

I usually link in via pure roleplaying, with no pure mechanical advantages.

However, in a recent Dragon there is a Scion feat that grants {IIRC} Diplomancy/Bluff/Sense Motive as class skills due to an attachement to a royal line. Something similiar to Tonguez feats would not be off the table if you were in my game. I prefer the change to class skills than a straight bonus, however.

I also see that such feats should provide a bit better than the normal '+2 to skill A and B' as they have potential problems for the character. Problems ranging from simple roleplaying problems here and thier.. the 'What? a Thurack blooded male here? Bah! I will charge him twice as much for the night!'.. to the much more serious plotline of 'Oops, your younger brother is aiming to be first on the throne.. and that means you must die..'accidently' of course'.

Thieve's guilds have an easier range of implications :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads