• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical Role Critical Role removes hundreds of YouTube videos and podcast episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's always sad to see content disappear. I understand why, but it's still sad. At least in this case the content in question doesn't appear to be of any particular value.

Also a reminder that it's a good idea to keep your work and your personal relationships separate.

I think the real reminder is don't be an abusive PoS to people, particularly the people you say you love.

Plenty of people who have intwinned work and personal relationships and don't run into the issues, because they're not abusive PoSs.
While others get stung and have to choose between enduring the abuse or losing their livelihood, because their loved one and business partner turned out to be an abuser.

Luckily that's not the case in this affair, but sometimes things turn out worse.

While others get stung and have to choose between enduring the abuse or losing their livelihood, because their loved one and business partner turned out to be an abuser.

Luckily that's not the case in this affair, but sometimes things turn out worse.
That is a fair point. I apologise for being a bit aggressive, I'm not comfortable about talking about the general case when we're talking about a specific case.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Glad to see we hit upon the real important thing here guys, allowing some Enworld posters to feel morally superior to other Enworld posters.

Mod Note:
The owner of the site shut down the ethics portion of this conversation, yet you seem to want to continue to jab at people for it. That's... not a great move.

You are done in this discussion.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Where I say physical IS superior, for just this very reason - it can't be deleted by someone else's decision.

That physical (other than actual books) tends to degrade over time is another problem, one I wish they'd solve somehow.

Personal digital can be kept relatively intact if you're willing to do regular duplicate backups and occasional transfers to new media. Format problems aren't completely a nonissue, but we've reached the point where conversion programs (or just utilities built into common reading (in the broad sense) software isn't hard to find. You can't just leave it on the shelf for two decades and call it good, but I've got digital material from decades ago I can still access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads