• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical Role Critical Role's New Show - Exandria Unlimited!

Critical Role is launching a new 8-week D&D 5E campaign on June 24th called Exandria Unlimited. "Exandria Unlimited is the newest eight episode mini-campaign brought to you by, and existing within, the same world as Critical Role. Following a fresh-faced and freshly formed crew of characters, this adventure begins in Emon, a city still recovering from the scars of the Chroma Conclave attack...

Critical Role is launching a new 8-week D&D 5E campaign on June 24th called Exandria Unlimited.

ExandriaUnlimited_FullCast_ByHeirlumePhotography_72dpi_CR_01_800.jpg

"Exandria Unlimited is the newest eight episode mini-campaign brought to you by, and existing within, the same world as Critical Role. Following a fresh-faced and freshly formed crew of characters, this adventure begins in Emon, a city still recovering from the scars of the Chroma Conclave attack nearly 30 years later."

The show features Matt Mercer (as a player not DM), Aabria Iyenger (who will be the DM for this show), Aimee Carrero (who currently plays She-Ra), Robbie Daymond (voice of Marvel's animated Spider-man), Ashley Johnson (co-founder of Critical Role), and Liam O'Brien (also from the main Critical Role show).

I am so hyped for this!

I really wish that Matt had said that Campaign 3 would feature 'all your old favorites' or something to that end. Everything they've said about campaign 3 has been very vague - seemingly intentionally. I have this lingering feeling that it means someone is leaving - and I'd put my money on Sam.
No news is good news?

I think they just haven't seriously started work on it beyond the brainstorming stage and Matt wants to spend a month prepping

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Probably can't advertise using copyrighted and trademarked terms, like "Dungeon Master" or "Dungeons & Dragons"
Nah, that's not it. For multiple reasons!

1. "DM" is not a trademark.
2. You can use trademarks in that situation, even if it was.
3. They use "D&D" in the same paragraph.
4. Like WotC is going to challenge CR?

So there's a reason why they are using GM, but it's not because it's a trademark.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

So there's a reason why they are using GM, but it's not because it's a trademark.
Maybe consistency, for the times when they talk about other game systems.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmmm. Now I'm not sure if I should start here! Maybe I'll just practice guitar instead of taking up a new hobby....
It's a limited series, so it is probably going to be perfect for a quick dip to try the idea out, though you won't be getting Mercer doing his amazing DM performance, I'm sure he vetted a grear alternate: imagine having the means to get out of being a forever DM by hiring someone talented to let you play!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If it's anything like Liam's Christmas one-shot, "A Night Before Critmas," entertainment is guaranteed. Matt was the best player at the table.

Okay, Travis was. But Matt was a close second.
Matt's been a great player, butnhe hasn't had a lot of time to get intk a serious character. He was fantastic as the bear in Honeyheist.

Remove ads

Remove ads