• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

cross class paragon paths

Bison

First Post
Now, I have never been that big into multi-classing in 3rd edition, but for some reason, I've just got this bug to look into some neat 4th edition non-main class paragon paths.

The two that really stuck out at me are the Paladin with a cleric multi-class that goes radiant servant. (the 19/20 crit on any power with radiant keyword)

and the other would be a melee cleric, who takes a Fighter multi-class and goes pit fighter. (that extra wisdom modifier damage makes this look very nice)

both are classes I could see myself playing.

anyone else have any good combos I might have overlooked?

Kaelkatar

First Post
One of my favorite builds is a tank warlock that goes bloodmage.

The warlock loads up on AC, Temporary hitpoints, healing surges, etc. Then goes into battle and uses the temporary HP to unleash massive extra damage. Your AC is between 3 and 4 higher than the mobs average rolls and you benefit from concealment 90% of the time, this allows you to run about cursing every mob with twofold curse, then every time you get a kill, you get 14+ THP, and can use them to power the 2d10 bonus damage to your wizard spells that you swapped for and the bloodmage powers.

Blood Pulse is also amazing with Howl of Doom or Harrowfire.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The classics are:
- Orb Wizard who goes Cleric for Divine Oracle (yay Will attacks)
- Infernal Warlock who goes Fighter for Iron Vanguard (yay Con synergy)
- TWF Ranger who goes Fighter for Pitfighter (ZOMG damage)

Cheers, -- N

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Most cross class paragons rely on the paragon class placing a attribute mod where it wasn't before, boosting a keyword, or boosting accuracy (the class features).

The favs are:
Divine Oracle (cleric): Roll Attack vs Will and Initiative twice
Radiant Servant (cleric): Radiant crits on 19 or 20
Iron Vanguard (fighter): Con heal on kills and Con damage to enemies you pushed and knocked prone
Kensei (fighter): +1 to attack and +4 to damage with chosen weapon.
Pit Fighter (fighter): +1 AC and Wis to damage
Daggermaster (rogue): Daggers crits on 18, 19, or 20 and dagger crit cause CA.
Shadow Assassin (Rogue): Enemy melee misses deal Dex to them
Knight Commander (warlord): +2 attack to adjacent allies and + Cha damage to ally's Opportunity damage
Sword Marshal (Warlord): Swords!

*doesn't menttion the wizard ones*

Bison

First Post
hmmm .. Dagger master I hadn't thought of. A dual wielding ranger with a rogue multi-class into dagger master sounds like it would be fun :)

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Daggers, katars, and scimitars are the best weapons for small melee rangers.
Most light blades users should stay Stormwardens for the Dex or multi into Pit Fighter for Wis. Dagger users should take Daggermaster.

Melee Rangers benefit form multiclassing for a paragon class the most because they have 3 secondary attributes.

CON:
Hammer and Mace users go in Iron Vanguard and take Hammer Rhythm. Axe users too.

WIS:
Offensive user pump Wis damage Pit Fighter. Or Stick to class and take Pathfinder.

DEX
Small rangers take rogue and Daggermaster. Medium rangers with light blades can take rogue/Shadow Assassin. Or stick to class with Stormwarden.

Kensei and Sword Marshals work for any weapon and any high STR melee class.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
I quite like the Wisdom synergy for Paladin-Pit Fighter, plus after years of goody two shoes paladins a dirty fighting Paladin appeals. Also several Cleric Paragons do well for paladin (except Divine Oracle). Due to attribute similarities it currently looks like the good stuff to multi to for a class is either in the same power source or same role.

hmmm .. Dagger master I hadn't thought of. A dual wielding ranger with a rogue multi-class into dagger master sounds like it would be fun :)

One of my current projects actually.

1. Dex 2. Str 3. Wis

Build him for dagger throwing (dex) [far throw --> distant shot] with some melee in the mix (str) because occasionally you will find yourself in melee.

Most multi-target attacks e.g. twin strike can be used both ways anyhow.

Ranger utility gives you some possibilities to keep/regain your distance.

High chance to crit from level 11 (vicious weapons; take crit related feats).

At lvl 16 you get CA when you crit even when using ranged attacks (take CA related feats).

Level 16+ strategy = Use twin strike until you score a crit --> use encounter/daily powers at +3 to hit (+2 CA; +1 Nimble Blade).

Chen_93

First Post
War priest results in an extremely sticky fighter. Keeping someone marked all fight (with War priest mark) while also continuing to be able to mark things with your regular CC mark is very good. AND you can take attacks against two foes that shift/attack others since the war priest one is an OA and the CC one is an immediate interrupt.

Remove ads