Crossed Paths - Part I

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
'It is not wise to question the valor of a Visigoth," he says ominously. The other hefts his axe & frowns at the dog.

At this the Slavic man, his brown hair cut in the Roman legionnaire style, jumps to his feet, glaring at the man. "I was unaware it took valor to beat a barmaid," he says simply in Latin, glaring at "Olaf" with cold blue eyes. He shakes with badly contained anger.

Visigoth dogs, he thinks to himself. How dare they! He itches to snatch his longspear from its spot leaning against the wall and teach them a Roman virtue or two....

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Nor is it wise to strike a woman in the presence of a Celt, even less a druid." Brioc replies coldly. "My people value our women-folk. As for valour, I will not again question your courage if you do not give me reason to do so. And it would seem others agree." Brioc nods recognition to the Slav.

I hope they respect the druids enough not to draw my blood. Brioc tries to stay calm as the Visigoths loom over him. Thank the gods for that other fellow. Interesting, he looks like a legionnaire...

Inez Hull

First Post
The elf watches the exchange intently and rises nervously to his feet agsain as he sees the visigoths approach the Celt and the Slav. He strides over towards the standoff and calls out in a melodic but thin voice. "There is no need for this, please return to your seats."

He makes several gestures with his hands whilst uttering some incomprehensible tongue and then with a flick of his wrist an arc of lightning plays between his outstretched hands. When he has gotten the attention of all he dismisses the lightning with a wave. He then turns to the visigoths and speaks with more confidence, "Please, I insist."

OOC: Casts Prestidigitation

Khenemetsobek

First Post
It doesn't appear to be going well... Oh well here we go. The man wearing the crocodile skin shendyt says in a loud heavily accented latin, "Gentlemen you could wet your blades on them." He gestures to the wench's defenders. "Or you could wet your lips on a round on me."

OOC: Diplomacy check attempted. Results sent via Diceserver to Manzanita.

Last edited:

Eldorian

First Post
The Greek with the saber quickly checks his armor straps and his weapons.
He then calls to the barmaid, in latin, "Oi, barmaid, bring me something beef, and some wine." He then settles back to watch the oncoming fight. He might join in, depends on who's winning.

OOC: How attractive is the uninjured barmaid?

Manzanita

First Post
The two barbarians near Brioc take a step back from the elf at the flash of lightening. They glance at each other, clearly worried. The others at their table also fall silent. They glance around from the elf to the strange crocodile suited man, then back to the man they call Olaf.

The room is silent. The other barmaid, short, thin & plain-looking, glances at the Greek warrior but doesn't move.

Suddenly Olaf stands, and indicates the door with his head. The other Visigoths stand as well, draining their cups & taking a last bite of their meat. They back slowly towards the door, weapons in hand.

When the old innkeeper sees them leaving, he shouts in Latin "Hey - you haven't paid! You owe me 15 gold!"

The Visigoths don't seem inclined to stop for this.

Inez Hull

First Post
At the sight of the visigoths leaving the elf's shoulders drop. Perhaps I overdid that, I only wanted to stop a fight. I hope I haven't caused any trouble.

He then walks over to the Celt's table. "Excuse me good sir, would you, and your wolf, mind if I join you?"

ErichDragon

First Post
Ecgthow takes his hand from his sword hilt with a slight frown.

~Oh well. There will be time to shed blood later.~

He finishes his meal, pushes his chair back and climbs onto the table. In a loud booming voice he intones,

"Is there any man here named Brioc Ap Llwyd? Speak up and let yourself be known."

Jarval

Explorer
Inez Hull said:
He then walks over to the Celt's table. "Excuse me good sir, would you, and your wolf, mind if I join you?"
"Not at all. Glad to have your company, and thank you for that little display. That could have got ugly all too quickly." Brioc pushes a chair back for the elf. "Can I get you a drink? And you as well." He calls over to the Slav. "I think that a drink is the least I can offer you. Come and join us."

Brioc looks slightly startled at the large Norseman bellowing out his name. "Aye, I am Brioc Ap Llwyd. If you have any matter to discuss, please, take a seat." He reaches under the table, and shifts the dog to one side, to make leg room for his company.

ErichDragon

First Post
Ecgthow will look the group at Brioc's table up and down, then move to join them.

"I am Ecgthow Ranulfson. I was sent here to meet you. Now you can tell me why."

Ecgthow will sit at the table and await an explanation.

Remove ads