• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
The old man gazes in apparent wonder at the party. Tullius approaches and sees that it is NOT Matriculus. In response to Dhormium's questions, he pauses, then barks and growls like a gnoll.

Ehldannis detects only two new sources of magic (other than what the party already carries.) The gold-inlaid recurved bow, and the scroll case.

Who is going to search the tiled area?

doghead

thotd
ooc: 3, 4, . 5, .. 6, ..... 7 .............8! "Oh I suppose that will be me," Marcus grumbles as he gets to his feet and dusts off his hands. "I could have done ten, you know."

Marcus will stay with Ehldannis as he investigates the tiled area. He'll leave the bow and flail by the stairs before doing so to keep his hands free.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius frowns at the obviously insane man. "Well, mr gnoll-man, who are you and why are you here? Have you seen an elderly man here *insert description of Matriculus*? Come on, answer me."

After a slight pause. "Oh, and are there any more gnolls here?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar grins through the pain at Tullius' words of praise, although the grin disappears as the new man appears. With him tended to, Octar will watch Marcus' and Ehldannis' backs.

Manzanita

First Post
The old man does not appear crazy, but he neither does he seem to speak anything but gnoll, nor understand your words. He's thin, dirty, and appears to have had a rough life.

Ehldannis and Marcus walk into the tiled room. It is quite large. It appears to have been a temple of some sort ages ago. The two oval are large statues. The Western one is of a man, who's features have worn away from centuries of time and water, and upon whose arms, stalactites hang. He looks vaguely familiar (Knowledge Religion DC=10), though neither man can place him. On the walls around him are worn frescos.

The other statue is on a raised dais. A set of stairs lead up to it. Several Doric columns reach up to a high roof around the statue. The statue is 10 feet tall, and of a regal woman in long loose, greek-style clothing. She bears a sheild, spear and helmet. She seems similarly aged and neither man can confidently guess what goddess she might represent, if any.

In the far northeast, an alcove is covered by thick spider webs. A wide passage heads south.

Don't forget your treasure, either!

Last edited:

Despaxas

First Post
"Hmm, a human that only speaks Gnoll, well anyone speak Gnoll?" Tullius grins. "Perhaps we should get some rest before investigating further, we're all a bit battered. We should get back to camp, rest and continue tomorrow. Then we can decide what to do with with Gnoll-boy here."

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis closely examines the scroll case and then the bow to determine what schools of magic are present. [BTW, is the magic on the case or from within? If only from within the case, Ehldannis will open it to inspect the contents.]

Ehldannis then scans the tiled area with his magic before beginning an overly methodical search of the floor, walls and statues [Search 10, taking 20]

doghead

thotd
Upon noticing tha passage leading south, Marcus slips over to it and from one side, spends a momnet listening for any sounds comming from it. If there is nothing, he slowly eases up to the corner and has a careful look down it.

*If its clear* Marcus' assists Ehldannas as much as he can while keeping one eye and one ear on the passage going south as well as, having no other ranged weapon to hand, a hand near his daggar.

Manzanita

First Post
New room

The magic from the case is eminating from inside. Opening it, Ehldannis sees the familiar arcane script on a scroll. He quickly identifies the three spells contained therein: Reduce, knock, and mount. The bow's magic is standard for a magical bow (Don't make me look it up!)

Marcus approaches the open passage to the south. He listens breathlessly, hearing nothing of note. He turns and is about to see if he can help the elf, when he hears a clank.

Attachments

• level 2.JPG
    level 2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus waves his hand furiously above his head to get people's attention, then makes a "Shush!" gesture while he eases a daggar out with his other hand.

If he can identify the direction from which the sound came (I assuming its from the southern passage) he will point that way.

Remove ads