Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
The old man says nothing to Marcus' attempts at conversation. But he listens intently, and Marcus thinks he does perhaps understand some. When Marcus motions him to follow, his wrinkled face breaks into a smile. He struggles to his feet and hobbles after the party.

Mendicus seems to take pity on the old man, and take him by the arm to lead him along, speaking comfortingly to him in Gaelic, which he surely can't understand.

Manzanita

First Post
Still waiting on the route you take before another IC post.

At this point, I've received level 5 stats for Krillith, Marcus and Tullius.

doghead

thotd
Marcus is pleased to see the old man smile. Perhaps he understands something then. At least, he understands that he is human. But then another possiblilty strike Marcus. Or is he just pleased to have a new master? The last thought turns Marcus' insides somewhat.

"Lets avoid the bat poo shall we," Marcus suggests to whoever is leaving.

ooc: Just Say No! to Bat Guano!

Manzanita

First Post
The party exits the caverns without incident. They return to their campsite, and everything seems normal. The rest of the day can be spent meditating, resting, practicing skills or studying. Everyone feels they've learned a lot from their recent encounters.

Some basic communication can be established with the slave. You can get that his name is "Grassus." He is not seem strong or particularly skilled, but he seems eager to help. He helps Mendicus gather wood, prepare dinner, and clean up.

Tomorrow is the day designated to meet G'ruk and explore the caverns together. Any particular actions or plans for the evening? PCs can function @5th level now, as soon as stats are in to me.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius moves over to Grassus, smiling easily. "Hello Grassus, my name is Gneaus Tullius Camillus, I wanted to ask you something, is that allright?" Tullius smiles warmly at Grassus. "Did you see an old man in the caves somewhere? *description of Matriculus* Have you seen anyone that looks like that?"

After his questioning of Grassus Tullius turns to the rest of the party. "Well that was some tense fighting in there, I wish to say again to you all that I'm proud to be a part of this team. A Contubernium* couldn't have done better than we did. But alas, our task is not yet done. We must meet with this G'ruk and find Matriculus, and ofcourse there's that small matter of a chest." Tullius grins. "We're on a rescue mission but that doesn't mean we can't get richer out of it."

*Unit of 8 men

doghead

thotd
Marcus breathes a quiet sigh of relief as they emerge safely into the open air. However, he doesn't let himself relax until they have confirmed that the campsite is clear of danger.

He leaves the enchanted items in a small pile for Ehldannis to work on when it suits him, and assists Medicus and the old man getting the campsite ready. He watches as Tullius talks to the old man, curious to see whether the man understands any of it.

Once the camp is set up, and assuming there is no reason to suspect any danger, he heads back down to the steam to get himself cleaned up a bit*. He makes a detour on the way back to find a quiet place to sit and let his mind roam over recent events. The day has been an eventful one, and the morrow promises to be at least equally so.

ooc: and do push ups!

BTW, did any of the gnolls have hand/throwing axes/

Manzanita

First Post
The gnolls carry no hand or throwing axes.

I assume Tullius uses Latin when attempting to communicate. The old man listens respectfully, then tilts his head sideways, points to his ear and shakes his head.

Ehldannis claims the scrolls and the scroll case as his own. The bow is the more interesting find to the party. It is truely a thing of beauty. It is made of wood as black as night, and inlaid with gold, yet no heavier than a standard bow of its type (composite long). In several places, the gold seems to be reinforcing the strength of the bow. Even if unmagical, it would fetch a good price in Rome. Of the interested parties, it is quickly determined that only Tullius and Octar are able to shoot it with any efficiency. For the others, the pull is simply too strong to allow accurate shots. (Ehldannis can't budge it at all.) For both Octar and Tullius, the bow seems to be asking for use. Made perfectly for them, its beaty and functionality seems to call for an arrow to be notched, for the cord to be pulled smoothly back to the ear, for the arrow aimed high for maximum distance, and for the blood of the enemy to be shed.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius' eyes fall on the bow, his eyes flare. "If only Octar and I can use the bow, I suggest we draw lots for it*."

He glances at the old man. "Apparently he does not understand me, unfortunate. Perhaps Ehldannis with his magical speech can ask my question about Matriculus to him?"

*OOC: simple throw of the dice, high is Octar, low is Tullius?

Remove ads