Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius can't help himself; he winks at the young girl and smiles.

"Well ... that was easy. Ofcourse now we pissed off just about everyone in this underground maze. Why don't we go for broke and try to kill the Sphinx as well?" Tullius throws back his head and laughs long and hard. "By all the gods, we're about as subtle as a flail in a porcelain cabinet. None the less, I'm glad to be a part of this group." Tullius snickers some more. "Did you see them run?" He laughs again.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Aye," says Octar, still flushed from the fight, "Perhaps it's time to pay a visit to Thracia and teach the rest of those cultists a thing or two." He grins at the younger woman, full of pride in his prowess.

ooc: Re: knocking head preist off of cliff: w00t. How much trouble was saved by doing that vs. hacking him to death?

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus eyes Octar, somewhat intimidated by the brutal efficiency of his friends dispatch of the priest.

Eldannis's monolgue breaks Marcus out of it, and at the elfs final comment, Marcus laughs quietly. At Tullius' description of of their subtley, Marcus breakes into a full bodied laugh.

"We certainly have a knack for upsetting diabolical religious rituals."

Marcus sheaths his sword. Realising that the lass is going to have no shortage of offers of assistance, Marcus heads over to the older lady and offers her some water.

"Ho gran," he says quietly and gently. He knows that she doesn't understand a word, but the tone should be enough. "Everything will be ok now. You are safe."

Marus turns to Brioc.

"I think it might be a good idea to get these two out of here. I'm pretty sure that they don't really want to trapse through the rest of this infernal hole. And I for one would be more than happy to see the stars, or would it be the sun, again even if only for a while."

Jarval

Explorer
Inez Hull said:
Ehldannis turns to Brioc, a rueful smile painted on his face, "Next time I have ideas of leading ths company, please remind me that it is not my role, this nearly ended in disaster. Bluffs, deciet and intrigue are fascinating to read about, but I am not sure that I am cut out for it myself."
"From what I can tell, you did well." Brioc smiles at Ehldannis. "We routed them, and have saved two from sacrifice. For your first taste of leadership, you did well indeed."

doghead said:
Marus turns to Brioc.

"I think it might be a good idea to get these two out of here. I'm pretty sure that they don't really want to trapse through the rest of this infernal hole. And I for one would be more than happy to see the stars, or would it be the sun, again even if only for a while."
"I agree, let us leave for now." Brioc replies to Marcus. "Octar, bind the four who still sleep, and if they try to escape, kill them. Tullius, Marcus, find the women some clothes, and assure them we mean no harm. Ehldannis, ask them if they can guide us out of this complex. I have no desire to climb back down the way we arrived, and the quicker we are away from this place the better... Dhormium, I would ask for the help of your keen senses."

Scimitar still in hand, he moves to guard the tunnel through which the followers of Coeus fled, Wolf at his heels.

"And we must all stay sharp. We rattled their nerve, but some may still try to stop us."

Manzanita

First Post
I was amazed once the battle started, & I realized I'd placed him on the edge of the abyss. A total DM fumble. He should have put you there. But, having done it, I let it play out as the dice rolled. He was 6th level, and it could have been a good fight. Nicely done, in any case...

The women are grateful for the polite care. The older one does the talking.

"I can lead you back to the city, I think." she says. "But you must be careful. There are many followers of Coeus there. We have an uneasy truce. But now you have killed Cobhalter. I think he was their high priest. The others will not act against you openly, but you must beware more subtle attacks. We must walk some distance underground. An hour or more. But I can lead you."

"May I ask who you are, and where you are from? And what are these terrible caverns?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Once the old woman, the young one too if she wants some, is done with the water, Marcus moves to help the others bind the sleepers. He gives their gear a once over as he strips them of it. Old habits and all that. But he leaves any obvious cultist symbols on them (all the better to convict them with). The rest he throws in a corner, unless it appears to have some value or interest.

Marcus is a lttle taken aback that the woman speaks latin(?). Her words concern him somewhat.

"Do the people of your town know that these cultists practice human sacrifice? And if not, how will they react to finding out?"

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
The women speak the greek dialect only. Ehldanis is still able to understand her fine through his spell.

"We all suspect such things as human sacrifice. But it is unproven. We are too small and vunerable a community to face a civil war. We must all stick together to survive. The victims are the weak. The expendable."

On the bodies, the party finds little of value. Various weapons and armor of quality too poor for the markets of the Empire. The only interesting thing is a whistle found on one of the guards. When blown, no sound seems to emerge. Not even the wolf seems to notice.

Meanwhile, Grassus approaches Ehldannis, who alone is able to understand the yapping language of he gnolls, and only for a few more minutes. "Good sir." he says pathetically. "Could these be my people? Perhaps it is from them that I was stolen as a child. Could you ask them? Ask them if a baby was stolen long ago. A baby who could have been me." Grassus looks much older than either of the women.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis will pass on Grassus's question, and does his best to reassure the man that these people will likely be the best for him to stay with.

Ehldannis will look at the whistle, his curiosity piqued. He decides to cast his remaining Detect Magic and scans the whistle and then looks about the rest of the room.

Manzanita

First Post
Ehldannis detects a faint illusionary magic on the whistle.

The women confirm that kidnappings by the beastmen are not uncommon. "If he is one of us, we will take him back. We will find some way to care for him, though we are very poor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads