Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inez Hull

First Post
"It seems you had the best of us in our first dealing, the only item of any real value we found was the potion which now lies in your possesion. Do you know of any other treasures below that we may have missed?"

Manzanita

First Post
I'm not sure if Ehldannis is bluffing or not, but in case you've forgotten, the party did acquire several other magic items in the lizardman crypts, 2 unidentified potions, and divine scrolls of : restoration(x2), remove curse, and magic circle against evil.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium walked over to Brioc to discuss something in private with him~

“Brioc, maybe we could ask if she knows anything about our little orc friend”, said the dwarf, clearly stating his dislike for the kind.

Ooc: manzanita, not to bust your bubble, but we were more expecting large sums of gold and at least 2 greater artifacts. j/k ~wink~

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'm a low magic sort of DM. Although there are a few nice things you've found already. & a few more to come...

Jarval

Explorer
Krilith said:
“Brioc, maybe we could ask if she knows anything about our little orc friend”, said the dwarf, clearly stating his dislike for the kind.
"It can't hurt I suppose, but try not to reveal just why we're interested in him. I doubt we can trust her..." Brioc nods subtly towards the sphinx. "... and the less anyone knows of what we've found or why we're here, the better. G'ruk was the only person we've met down here who's word I would have put any trust in."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus is about to add something then closes his mouth with a snap.

He sighs. Here we go again. Planning is not one of our strong points. Which is lucky he supposes, as most of the creatures they meet down in the dungeon don't give them much time to do so.

When Dhormuim pulls Brioc off to one side, Marcus follows, arriving just in time to catch what the dwarf says.

"I agree," he adds softly, "I think we neeed to decide what we want to know, and get to the point. Our orc friend is one, his lost weapon another, or perhaps his master. But most important is what we are here for."

ooc: Indeed. Marcus' prized possession is a mithral chainshirt. I don't think that he has anything that would light up a detect magic spell.

Didn't we collect the potion in return for an answer to a question? Have we already asked about the greek fire?

Krilith

First Post
~in a hushed voice~ "Well, what are we here for beside that roman tullius is looking for? For more pieces of that orc's staff? Anyway, we're standing here fumbling about, who's going to ask her?!"

Manzanita

First Post
The Sphinx

"Perhaps you have some questions for a sage. My minimum fee is 100 gps for answering a question. More for ones requiring extra expertise. I might be willing to strike up a bargain too. You have proven yourselves capable explorers."

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium groans audibly upon hearing her mention the fee and looks questioningly at Brioc and then at Marcus. For some reason Dhormium thinks the gypsy is the caretaker of the party's funds~
"Bah, she wants money...or is willing to offer us another queste...we have better things to do then waste our time...what happened to that riddle?!"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus glances in the Sphinx's direction, then returns his attention to Brioc.

"If Sergius were not on our tails I might have suggested just leaving now. But he is, so I think we need to cut to the chase. Lets just ask her where it is.

"Then lets get it and get out of here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads