• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crowd-sourcing revisions of the Intro Pack

At the risk of being compared to a software company, it's been a few weeks since the Player's Guide, Campaign Guide, and 1st adventure have come out, and we've realized we messed up in a few places. We're planning to update the pdf files so people who download them in the future don't have to squint, cock their head to one side, and say, "Why the hell is there a 'flaming brassiere' in this evil cult's temple?"

(That actually happened in one of my games. 14 year old me didn't know how to pronounce brazier.)

So, we're going through ourselves and have our list of revisions and corrections, but if you've spotted anything you think needs to be changed, it would be a great help if you could let us know in this thread. Thank you.

Last edited:

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Great idea! You might have already caught these things since I mentioned them in a different thread, but here they are again.

- Pronunciation guide on page 4 of the 4e Player's Guide PDF: Include Danoran (I'm assuming it's dan-OR-un rather than DAN-or-un)
- Another one from the 4e Player's Guide PDF: Power card at the back for Yerasol Veteran needs to include the action type (Standard Action)

SirCharles

First Post
I'll mention a few I noticed. Sorry if these have already been discussed.

(These are for the Pathfinder version).

- In Island at the Axis of the World, Ilton has a "portion" of cure light wounds. Should be "potion."
- Also in Island at the Axis of the World, Sokana has the spell flame burst. The spell is actually called flare burst, not flame burst.
- In the GM's quick reference (pg 42) in Island at the Axis of the World, it says that Roland Stansfield has an "old war wound in his back." That sounds a little awkward. I think it should say on his back.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
I still find prestige confusing, and the 4e version of the Players' Guide doesn't (I think) make it clear that the uncommon 'cost' increaser is per player, not over the group. (This is for uncommon items, which covers almost every item in the book!)

Also, it doesn't really cover what happens when players try to craft items; I assume that these would simply be made and the player's number of uncommons would be increased...

It would be *really* useful if, as the books come out, you e-publish the new feats, powers, classes, etc - in Burning Sky my character took the ability to sing Seela songs - and that power has changed massively from book to book. I anticipate, for example, the Technologist gadget power would improve further in later levels, but if this is in a book which is only in the DM's hands, then there's a chance that I as the player might not become aware of it.

Miscellaneous equipment - spending 50gp on a surgeon's kit - could you give me a +2 to heal checks or something for my money?

Colmarr

First Post
The Axis Island map on page 20 of IaAoW includes locations marked with the letters A to E.

As far as I can tell, the adventure gives no clues as to what those letters mean.

Wasteland Knight

Adventurer
Pathfinder version of the Player's Guide:

On pg.12 "The PCs could use the inherent bonuses rule, and they wouldbe provided a much smaller stipend (about one-fourth the suggestedamount), which could be used to purchase expendable items and highcost spell components).". I believe inherent bonus refers to a 4E mechanic, and is not applicable to Pathfinder.

On pg. 16, Languages and Accents Sidebar, "Risur speaks Primordial, the language derived from the ancient speech of the original fey titans who ruled the land." I'm not sure if the reference to Primordial is a holdover from 4E and should be changed to a Pathfinder counterpart (Sylvan?), or if Primordial is a Zeitgeist specific language.

Last edited:

NykeYoung

Explorer
(Player's Guide, 4e version, pg 7): The Gunsmith's power talks about wielding two guns.

(Player's Guide, 4e version, pg 15): The pistol (the only one-handed gun) is not marked as an off-hand weapon.

Either the Gunsmith's power should say something along the lines of "For this power, any one-handed firearm can be treated as having the off-hand property" or just give the pistol the off-hand property (with some notes that the Character Builder will not treat the hand crossbow "pistol" as off-hand)

Last edited:

phoffman

Explorer
(Player's Guide, 4e version, pg 7): The Gunsmith's power talks about wielding two guns.

(Player's Guide, 4e version, pg 15): The pistol (the only one-handed gun) is not marked as an off-hand weapon.

Either the Gunsmith's power should say something along the lines of "For this power, any one-handed firearm can be treated as having the off-hand property" or just give the pistol the off-hand property (with some notes that the Character Builder will not treat the hand crossbow "pistol" as off-hand)

My advice is just to let the Gunsmith theme to wield pistols in the off hand.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/en-publishing/309312-pistol-off-hand.html

ridingsloth

First Post
Island at the Axis of the World - I don't see where it's ever explicitly stated what room the Duchess and Sokana go for their nap aboard the Coaltongue. It's possible to work it out from context, but it wouldn't hurt to come right out and say it.

Remove ads