• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
At The Clean Cut Butchery-

Seldin is stricken with terror at the forged's heartless response and begins to sob quietly mumbling, "I didn't know she would really do it. It's not my fault."

Colbrin calls after Luger's abrupt departure, "You'll be after them then won't you? Kreed has so many men and his son is out there too..." but the door is already swinging shut before he has a chance to continue.

At The Sitting Duck-
The door swings open again as Luger arrives.

OOC: Everyone is here now. Discuss, volunteer, plan etc

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aidan leans close to the Lady, I will pay Azog out of my own pocket. You need not fear him. As for my payment, finding her is enough. Aidan spots Lugar walking in through the door, Lugar! May I have a swift word with you? The way he asked the question made it sound like half request, half order. Aidan felt like they needed to find the girl, now. He had become quite attached to her, even thinking of her as his daughter. He couldn't help but remember their "sparring" practice. She was young, but quite good at the mock fighting. He couldn't help but feel like he should of paid more attention to her leaving, he should of stopped her, he was responsible.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Ordin, I've heard from the shifter boy that the butcher's son and some others went out to Elara's Halfway. Supposedly they only plan to stay the night, but I know that if we simply let them go about their business we'll be the ones held up for it. We had aught go check up on them."

Turning to Aiden, "Our problems are mutual then. Even if the kids are fine, which is quite possible, we are obligated to make them come home."

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post

If you want to Gather Info about Elara's Halfway House. Luckily you are in a tavern.
Alternatively you can try Knowledge Local: Anyone can check for DC 10 untrained, above 10 requires ranks.

DC 10:[sblock] “Elara was a selfless woman who spent the greater part of her life caring for those no one else wanted. The fire was a horrible tragedy.”[/sblock]

DC 15: [sblock]“The fire started out of nowhere and spread so fast, by the time the town’s volunteer brigade arrived all that was left was a smoking ruin, every child dead, and Elara burnt to cinders. Hard to believe a blaze that fierce could start as an accident. I was always a’feard for the safety of that place. Elara built her halfway house far away from town and much too close to that haunted vale.”[/sblock]

DC 20: [sblock]"The last few months or so before the fire people claimed to hear all manner of clatter from the orphanage at night. Screams they say. Terrible screams. Some even claimed Elara lost her mind, took to torturing the children in the dead of night. That’s why she built the place outside of town.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Yes Lugar, we should have them return. I fear the fire of long ago was not an accident, moreso, it was not set by any standard means. The place is not safe for a troupe, let alone children. We had better hurry on our way. Aidan yells over the dull roar of the tavern, We have a group going after some children who have went missing, and would like to ask for people to venture with us! Think of your own children, of the children you have spent countless hours with! Think of the innocence lost out in the damnable woods, a forest covered with ill-intented foes! I ask for those who have lost a loved one to this land, come with us. I ask, I beg for those with courage to gather your arms, dismiss all fear, and trod into the mouth of evil itself. For those who come with us, I can only promise pride in return. The glory of looking death himself in the face and laughing heartily! Come! Come and join our just cause! Aidan looks around the room, praying his effort was good enough to sway some of the tavern patrons into coming.

[sblock]I didn't know if I should roll or not, but I rolled a diplomacy check. 18+4= 22[/sblock]

okuth0r

First Post
Ordin walks in to the sitting duck just before ordin a few gold lighter, 2 guards from the barracks were willing to forgo sleep for gold.

Addressing those discussing the situation in a clear even tone.
It appears we have mutual interests in the children's safety. Let those of us brave enough to protect the innocent go and bring them back. And let us do this swiftly.

WarShrike

First Post
"On the other hand, camping out in the woods builds character" states Azog, amusedly. "However, if theres coin involved, i spose i can get my hands dirty. Say, do i get paid extra for scaring off the nasty evil boogeymen threatenning those poor, defenseless, dimwitted children turned adventurers? C'mon Fang, lets go save the wee warriors, and once we get back we can drive the monsters from under their beds while we're at it. Earn us some hazard pay." That last remark was just too much to deliver straight-faced, and he breaks down in guffaws.

[SBLOCK=Corpseflower]For the sake of roleplaying, no one knows about Azog's Druidic background. He keeps that to himself. As far as anyone knows hes just a Cleric of the SH. [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Your foolish words of justice and poor children wont give you any volunteers" Dimzel replied, cold and dry, as he looks with his chilling eyes to Aidan "Offer them gold, offer them glory or fame, that's what any so called 'adventurer'... " the alchemist said that last word as if he was spiting it "...would see as an appropriate pay for such a simple task. As for me, all of this things are futile, bane, and useless. I will accompany you, for a simple need, I need my apprentice, and he is lost. As a puppy that is lost in the cold streets, IT must be retrieved, because of its incompetence to come home by its own. Consider you, Lucky."

Remove ads