• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Greed should not be your only self-interested reasoning. If we don't try to help, and we could have helped, we could be seen as liable for not helping. I'll go, regardless. I'm not concerned with coin or 'helping'. I simply wish to insure completion of any responsibilities."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
A fire flashes in Aidan's eyes upon hearing the man's cold remarks Mind your words carefully Master Locksmith, I have a personal attachment to this "adventure" and will not stand for cold, uncaring comments especially with the childrens' loved ones in the room. Be glad I am not as quick to anger as my friend there, he said motioning to Azog, or those words would likely have never escaped your throat. Aidan turns back to those still listening in the Duck. Come if you will, do not if you are scared. Fear not, ladies of the village, when the men return, we will have your children by our side. I will return shortly, after I collect my gear. With that, Aidan turns and walks out of the Duck, heading to the barrack where his gear is stored.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I'm not a locksmith as you brain faulty remembers. Anyway, have for sure that despite of their uncaring characteristics, my word are as true as... your attachment." Dimzel said with a grim.

WarShrike

First Post
"Dimzel's the alchemist Aiden, you know, the cure-all merchant the lumberjacks visit when they're constipated" says Azog, with a smirk. "Aye lasses, don't ye be worrying about those wee ones. We'll bring em back, or whats left of em, and should we arrive too late, well, we'll help ya make new ones." With that he strides out into the darkness after Aiden.

okuth0r

First Post
Let us stop this bickering and move to action, the longer they are out there the more danger they are in. If greed is your only motivation, then you shall have it, but if you require pay, then it is only fair if there are spoils, say from bandits, or some creatures den then you get no cut... for you have already been paid. In any case that is my final offer, those wishing to save children from danger, no matter the cause let us depart, now.

Ordin turns to the door, after taking several stops and getting close to the door he turns to see who follows.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Oops again dammit. This is starting to get annoying. Just one post without a typo or some idiotic error. I knew he was the alchemist, just had my head up my ass. Stick with me guys, I'll get it sorted out shortly. Even if I have to study the damn character sheets.[/sblock]

Aidan returns to the Duck (nearly running into Ordin) wearing a dark blue robe. He has his buckler strapped to one arm, and a crossbow attached to his leg, directly under a slit in his robe. If he turns just right a person can see his armor, worn under the robe. My apologies Master Ordin. I should know better than to nearly barrel into a man such as yourself. Aidan said with a bow. Azog, you smelly half-orc, let's go find us some fun! he paused slightly then said in his best Azog impression, Them wee ones are bound ta enjoy seein yer ugly face!

WarShrike

First Post
"Oh, aye, let's by all means" says Azog, with a hint of sarcasm. "Best hurry before the spooks get em." Becoming more serious, he states "The spooks will be the least of their problems. I've seen some of the things that stalk these woods at night. If we don't reach them before the moon rises above the mountains, they'll likely become spooks themselves."

***EDIT: corrected some mispelling.***

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Then lets move one, my time is precious to waste more than I should in those human larvae." Dimzel states, as he came from his store, fully equipped. He will rest on his staff enjoying the cold until all the others are set.

Ferrix

Explorer
Turn sets his drink down at the mention of a locksmith, "I think your words are meant for him. But, what is it you are babbling about? Children lost?" He looks down at the empty drink before him, "you went and lost your apprentice again? You really should keep an eye on the boy, next thing you'll know you'll have lost your shop." He chuckles. "Might as well accompany you for a bit of a trek, these legs have been sitting all day anyways."

He'll accompany Dimzel on his way out.

OOC: sorry for the lag in posting (girlfriend in town for the weekend)

Remove ads