• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
The clearing comes into sharp relief with both Dimlez and Luger's brilliance starkly illuminating everything in pale cold tones. The alchemist in particular is difficult to look at directly with light emanating from his very skin. Something previously hidden under a bush catches Aidan's eye and as he kneels to recover it he can't help but be taken by surprise. He definitely recognizes the polished club, Kimi's, now bloodstained. The blood is still sticky, dried but not fully.

From within the burned out shell of the building, Azog's voice rings out. "We got something ripe over here boys! Cellar door... lock melted shut."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I hope that this blood is not a child's. The blood is still relatively fresh, they cannot be too far ahead of us. Aidan grabs the club and heads over to look at the door. Aidan mumbles some unknown words and his fist turns to stone, I cannot waste the time wondering what is behind the door.

[sblock=cast and roll] I cast fist of stone, which gives me a +6 to strength. I'm basically trying to just bust the lock, but if I smash the door, that's fine too lol. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1332223 16+7=23.

Corpseflower

First Post
The door crunches with the impact and explodes down into the cellar. You notice the lump of metal that was once the lock holds fast to a the splintered remains still clinging to it. The stench of rot belches forth from this rank cellar. In the moonlight the rough outline of a table is barely visible in the room below. Further in you can barely make out something large hanging suspended from the rafters. A ladder leads down into the gloom.

You'll have to call over one of your light sources to get a better look. Right now only Aidan and Azog are on the scene.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Dimzel, hearing the noise of the smashed door, approaches the scene, lightning his path. He looks down to the hole, trying to spot anything unusual.

okuth0r

First Post
This do be like standing in the middle of a ant hill... Ordin mumbles as he does what he does, useing darkvision if nescessary he watches, standing guard. If there be a need to explore a hole the children couldent get into i can check it, i do think it may be a distraction less there is a sign they went that way. Ordin says loudly to those investigating.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I'd prefer you to stand guard good dwarf. Your eyes see farther in this darkness than our lights shine. If needed, we will call for you to retrieve what is found. Please, keep a sharp dwarven eye turned to the darkness.

Corpseflower

First Post
Dimlez crouches near the opening and quickly scans the small room below. A chipped, blood-stained oaken table rests against one wall, with all manner of blades and barbed instruments laid out on it. A single pair of rusted shackles is bolted into the opposite wall, whose bricks are stained in a bloody account of pain and cruelty. A robed corpse bound tightly in webbing hangs from the ceiling and is source of the reeking stench of decay. About the same time Azog and Dimlez make out an enormously bloated spider waiting patiently under the table. It's body is easily the size of a small dog not counting the long, spindly legs.

Azog or anyone else with an (untrained ok) Kn Nature DC 10: [sblock]Large as it is for a spider- there is no way that a spider of that size lifted a full grown human to the rafters.[/sblock]

Spot Checks DC 15 - Dimlez: 18, Azog: 16, Aidan: 1

Remove ads