• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
ChapelRound1.jpg

Okay Voda> Azog had taken a 5' step so for you to be left of him you have the corner. Turndar was with you providing light so he is placed accordingly.
I placed Ordin by Luger making the defensive wall Aidan wanted to be behind.

Corpseflower

First Post
Luger grips his longsword and stands his ground carefully watching the forms swirling through the shadow. The forged is ready to take a swing as soon as anything gets close enough. Jeva wails in terror over his shoulder.

Dimlez looks up from the bones as darkness explodes throughout the room. The alchemist is on his feet with a spell on his lips in no time and having cast it focuses on the rings of dull red eyes high above, waiting for them to come into range. (You'll need to ready an action since they are still 20' above you right now. You'll act just before them on count 13, with that becoming your new init count)

Ordin is next.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Readied Action]Aidan will cast Magic Missile at the closest creature. This is the part where I love warmages, since they add their INT modifier to their damage rolls. [/sblock]

okuth0r

First Post
Ordin swiftly and calmly glides into action, there are foes to be dispatched.

//Move to C3, (i think thats a 5 foot step? not sure which is me...i think e4) drawing Katana as i do (drawing as part of my move action, Ready attack the one at C4 with 2 hands on the weapon (or you can roll, didnt realize i went before they were ground level and had it all rolled).
attack 1d20+6-> [19,6] = (25) Roll
Possipable Critical, 1d20+6-> [10,6] = (16) Confirm
Damage 1d10+4-> [10,4] = (14) Roll
If critical 1d10+4-> [6,4] = (10) Critical damage //

Corpseflower

First Post
E4 is you. Sorry, I should have maybe included a key for icons again. Getting to C3 requires 10' of move though. D3 or D4 is doable with 5', but D3 will put you in front of Luger- probably not what you want. Rolling now is good, but to hit them you will also have to Ready an Action like 'Attack the first one that comes close enough'. I'll assume you are in D4, with a readied action (using your rolls) unless you say otherwise.

Azog & Fang are up.

WarShrike

First Post
Azog, quite surprised that he's not alone, moves up beside Turn (B5) with Fang beside him (C5) and both will ready attack the first one to come near, if more than one approach, they concentrate on the one in B4

Azog swings his Longsword with magically guilded deadly accuracy.
1d20+5+20=45, 1d8+3=11
OOC: LOL! Nat 20. Spell wasted :) Umm, since its the same swing, i dont know if True Strike applies to confirm, but will roll it as if it does. If you rule against, deduct 20 from the confirm roll.
Confirm: 1d20+5+20=30, 1d8+3=5

Fang attacks: 1d20+3=21, 1d6+1=4
I doubt he can trip these but what the hell, its free for him so:
Trip/str check (1d20+4=24, 1d20+1=15)

Corpseflower

First Post
On 13-

Guided by The Host Azog waits for the the rocky squid-thing to drop into range. The darkness deepens above him when two of those things spread their tentacles and drop like stones through the darkness. At the last second Azog swings at one of them with all of his force shearing tentacles away and burying his sword deep in its body. Blood sprays across the room running down the blade. The the thing drops to the ground- spasming dead weight dragging the half-orc's sword with it until he is able to wrench it free.
Damage: 16 I don't see any reason True Strike shouldn't confirm your crit for you.

In the second that his sword was lodged in the body of the first attacker another one drops. Fang leaps for it muzzle bared, but the dull red eyes are hidden by stony membrane and tentacles in darkness. Fang's jaws snap on thin air.
Concealment 20%: 08

Just as the second on is lashing out with it's tentacles toward the priest, Ordin steps forward slicing clean and true. The dwarf's katana passes fully through the rocky hide of the creature as soon as it makes the mistake of getting too close. The creature hovers for a second longer and before dropping to the stone floor writhing in a growing pool of blood.
Damage: 14 (not quite a crit)

Luger tunes out Jeva's screaming to the best of his ability and waits as spread tentacles and membrane drop toward him from above. (Your readied attack action kicks in now.)

Dimlez waits, prepared to spew poison, but his compatriot's blades are too fast. Cursing to himself, the alchemist reconsiders and saves his spell. (You all act on 13, but the other guys beat you within 13 (higher init bonuses). You can save the spell since technically it wouldn't have been cast until just now when you have no target in range.)

Luger's readied action is up now.

Last edited:

Remove ads