• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
Honestly I was surprised no one wanted to interject here, and gave you guys a chance to do so or whatever, but ok, here we go... :]

With the ceiling over ten feet high, Azog drags the bed under one of the openings, and by standing on it's headboard manages to pull himself up through the hole. The priest barely has his elbows wedged on the edges of the hole for stability when a flurry of motion descends on him. Rubbery gray tentacles whip out from all directions snatching for his throat, wrapping around his arms, and dragging him upwards through the opening.

Resolving the surprise round they'll get now...

Corpseflower

First Post
Tentacles wrap around your arms, under your shoulders and two spiny pads grip at your throat. Quietly, the four mottled gray bodies attached to the impossibly long tentacles drop from the rafters around you. The one gripping your throat bares its needle-like teeth and the others stare blankly with flat black eyes. An excited chittering runs through the aberrations and their 'arms' writhe around you frantically seeking purchase.

Init:
Chokers: 26
Azog: 24
Luger: 11
Ordin: 8
Aidan: 4

Chokers have full cover, from everyone except Azog.
Azog is considered to be squeezing (-4 AC), and the chokers have higher ground
Azog> 9 Damage, Opposed Grapple vs 23

Corpseflower

First Post
Azog> I may have misunderstood your intent. By putting the torch through the hole in the ceiling I assumed you wanted to use it to look around. You only would have been able to see a patch of ceiling directly above the hole without pulling yourself up. Maybe you intended to see if anything would knock it out of your hand? Sorry if that was a bad call on my part, but I'll stick with it. They knew you were down there (it's been quite a noisy morning in the chapel) and are wise enough to stay out of the light if a torch poked up through the hole. Sorry if I took that in a path you didn't mean to go down.
I'll post up the resolution of the surprise round and start the 1st real round late tonight or in the morning depending on how late I'm out tonight.

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]My intention was indeed to see if i could get a reaction from the torch. Wave it around a bit, and listen. Only if i heard nothing would i have taken the next step of going up. But its fine, i'll be more clear in the future, if Azog survives that is.[/SBLOCK]

Corpseflower

First Post
Blank alien eyes stare at you from all around. Without loosening his grip on your throat the lead choker's tentacles move in unison looping over your shoulders to cinch tight around your body. The others continue to hold your arms to prevent an escape, but there is some shifting of grips as they try to pin and begin to lift you through the open hole.

The lead one stares into your eyes and with a shock you realize you can understand it's chittering as broken common with each word followed by a hissing echo in your mind. "Why soft-flesh worm in Xylladrhyll roost?"

Damage: 4
Opposed Grapple (to pin): 11 (That's with the others Aiding so this is your chance)
If you don't make it There will be opposed Str checks to pull you free on Luger and Aidan's turns)
Grapple Checks to join the Grapple by the other 3: 14, 7, 8 (If any of these establish a hold you'll have to escape from multiple opposed grapples to break free in the end.

Azog> You'll need to oppose the above rolls, then assuming the first guy didn't establish a pin, you can break free by winning an opposed Grapple vs any that have a hold on you in place of an attack.

Remove ads