• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cry Havoc

rpace

First Post
JoeGKushner said:

And $6 is not 50%-60% of 10.95. That would be $5.47 (50%) or $4.38 (60%).

I'm not a mathematician, but where I come from 60% of 10.95 is 6.57.

$6 is between 50-60% of 10.95.

~Richard

JoeGKushner

First Post
rpace said:

I'm not a mathematician, but where I come from 60% of 10.95 is 6.57.

$6 is between 50-60% of 10.95.

~Richard

God bless the both of you. Sleep is a good thing!:D

For some reason, I was doing the opposite. I keept thinking Monte meant it was 50% to 60% off, not 50% to 60% of the original price.

Yes, it is indeed between 50%-60% of the price, not off the price.

I'll edit that post.

Looks around. Move along people, nothing to see here but a man with no basic math skills.

Last edited:

Blacksad

Explorer
Monte At Home said:

I think most people will agree, are by their nature inexpensive when you figure that they're usually about 50% to 60% the price of a print book.

I do not, if you add printing cost, they aren't inexpensive. For a pick your favorite option book, this is not a problem, for an adventure, when you need to print the whole book (because you can't bring a laptop, or the format isn't screen friendly) it becomes costly.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
hmm...

The printing cost of a product is usually 10% of it's SRP.
Publishers get only about 40% of the SRP from the distributor.

$21.95*0.4-$21.95*0.1=$6.59 'profit' per product

RPGNow takes about 20% of the top and 25% off the top for gold users, let's assume that Monte is a gold user.

$6.59*1.33=$8.78

But come to think of it, Monte's stuff is distibuted through White-Wolf, that usually means more sales, more sales means higher print run, means lower print cost per product, means higher profit.

Sales through White-Wolf probably also mean one less distributer in the link, that will also mean more profit goes to monte.

So the $10 price tag isn't that far fetched...

bolen

First Post
What about demos at Gen Con?

When I was a kid I spent all day playing a game of Battlesystem at gen con and had a blast. I hope that you wilkl do the same for cry havoc at this years gen con

Skip himself is running a big event called Wreak Havoc, where everyone gets to play, after a seminar called Cry Havoc Boot Camp where he discusses the book and the system.

The Malhavoc GenCon events are here.

Blacksad

Explorer
Cergorach said:
hmm...

The printing cost of a product is usually 10% of it's SRP.
Publishers get only about 40% of the SRP from the distributor.

I meant MY printing cost, when the PDF is unusable on screen for whatever reason.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Cergorach said:

So the $10 price tag isn't that far fetched...

Heck, I was saying that $17 wasn't that far fetched because I was figuring it would be on sale for $12 and noted that Monte is very popular and his prices are competitive. This is a big book.

Remove ads