• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Avril's scouting turns up the following...

There are numerous lizardfolk camps nearby, and they flank you to the north and south. There's a good deal of activity in both camps. There is the familiar glint of hobgoblin steel from the top of the bell tower. A massive iron bell that probably weighs tons hangs from the upper level. Occationally the bellows of a powerful draconic roar are heard from time to time, it sounds similar to that of the Razorfiends you fought earlier.

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 15 - hp 49/49 - Spot +13 - Listen +13

Avril hastily swam back to the shore, and the with watchful eyes clammered onto the shore and maintained her crocodile form until she reach the makeshift and what would prove to be a rather uncomfortable camp. Some part of her wished to remain a crocodile for the most of the evening, which would certainly be better than using her human form in this swamp.

Nevertheless, she changed her form back, and reported what she'd seen. "The original ruins are flooded. Not very deep, though, but the bell tower and the main hall are still well above water. I'd guess you could get about three floors on the bell tower above water, so there could be anything in there." She shifted some water from her body and dug some slime from the back of her head.

"There are definitely some razorfiends in there. I could hear them as I swam around. And hobgoblin sentries on top of the bell tower. It's not going to be easy to get in without some way to obscure ourselves." She wiped a drop of water from her eyes. "We should attempt to get in early in the morning."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Creamsteak, a few more questions. If the bell tower is 2-4 floors above the water, is there an obvious entrance? Would we need to scale the walls to gain entry or was there some other way Avril could see as a way to get into the tower. I'm assuming here that the actual bell is 2-4 floors above the water level and not within easy reach.

Spells and Abilities Active:

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Wild Shape (1 Used)

Spells Prepared (Normal 6/4/3/2/1, Wis 0/1/1/1/0):

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Entangle, Faerie Fire, Produce Flame
Level 2 (4): Barkskin (2), Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance
Level 3 (3): Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds, Sleet Storm
Level 4 (1): Flame Strike

Scroll of Freedom of Movement
Scroll of Protection from Energy
Scroll of Water Breathing
Pearl of Power (2nd)

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Creamsteak

Explorer
There's a small raft docked along the side of the building, anchored there to the building. It doesn't appear that there's a true entrance, as the tower was never meant to be accessed from halfway up it's height. It's possible that the hobgoblins have a rope or ladder they could lower from the window or from the top of the tower in order to get down.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Depends. If when you say 'swim' you mean 'some of us swim and the rest walk along the bottom because their equipment weights too much', then I think that sounds like a nice idea," Siobhan says.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Pender, Male Human Fighter 6

Pender yawns and scratches behind one ear. As the others figure out a plan, he begins to get his bedroll set up, and debates with himself whether or not to pitch a pup tent.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well, sure, but we've got spells and potions and stuff for that 'breathing underwater' business, right? At least, those of us that decided to come prepared," the halfling responds.

[sblock=ooc]Expecting potential underwater fights, Warren will slightly change his set of readied maneuvers in the morning, but not before then. When he does, his readied maneuvers will change to: Cloak of Deception, Death Mark, Flashing Sun, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Shadow Blade Technique, and Stone Bones.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
I think the longer we can mask our presence the better, and travelling under the waves seems better than above them for that. And Warren, don't forget that my ability to make you invisible has vastly increased. With my newly researched spell you won't reappear every time you attack someone.

[sblock=Creamsteak] Question about Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer: It gives me the ability to cast it and instantly remember a spell of 1st-3rd level just cast, or to cast it in order to prepare extra spells totalling 3 levels within the next 24 hours. So, does that mean that I can cast it tonight before we rest, memorize an extra 3rd level spell in the morning, and still memorize it and use it tomorrow? [/sblock]

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'm not really worried of that. Kord allows me to grant the ability to breath water as easily as tread on it. However, asking for both prayers is going to greatly affect my potential for healing us if and when we get injured," Siobhan answers Warren.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
As soon as the party settles on a location for camp, before sunset, Larian sits down a short distance away from the rest of the group and goes through a brief arcane ritual.

Once that is done he offers to keep watch either at the beginning or end of the night's schedule, needing only 4 hours of rest. And I still think it would be a good idea to have someone keeping an eye on the ruins, in case we see something else of significance. Information is never unwelcome, after all.

[sblock=ooc] He will cast Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, allowing him to prepare an extra 3rd level spell slot tomorrow.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads