• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Their alignments are LE/NE/CE, they revere dragons (primarily chromatics), and they have not been active in this part of the world for a few hundred years. However, back before the Elsir Vale was settled, there were Wyrmcult bases along Giantshield and Wyrmsmoke mountains. They fought a war with the dwarves of the region for eight years, and the dwarves won out.

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - Spot +11 - Listen +11
Scarlet - Riding Dog - Spot +5 - Listen +5

She politely introduced herself to the Captain, before seating herself at the table again to eat of the food provided, while continuing to take small sips of her glass of wine. She found the whole conversation both exciting and worrisome, unsure what the nature of this threat to Drelin's Ferry was, or how it would wash over the Dawn Way and disrupt trade.

"Manticores, dragon worshippers, dragon-men, hobgoblins and hounds. Lots of different creatures and well trained at that. I fear there is something big going on here, but I hope I am wrong. Either way, it seems our trail leads to the witchwood in the morning. If we can take the ferry across the river at first light, then we might be able to find this Jorr fellow."

Turning towards the Captain, she addressed the impressive woman. "Captain, I'm not in a position to decide on such matters, but I'd imagine that if there is so much activity around Drelin's Ferry, it will only be a matter of time before it spills this way. We should be prepared for that. Whatever is going on, I've not know so many things to happen simultaneously, nor to be so organised and well trained. Drelin's Ferry should be prepared, particular while we're gone in the morning."

[SBLOCK=OOC]
OOC:

Avril hp - 35/36 + Siobhan Healing
Scarlet hp - 30/30

Spells and Abilities Active:

Barkskin (Avril, +2 Natural Armor, 50 min.)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Barkskin
Produce Flame (Extended)
Entangle
Cure Moderate Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wild Shape (1 Used)
Metamagic Rod of Lesser Extend (1 Used)
[/SBLOCK]

Redclaw

First Post
Larian looks around the table and then makes a suggestion, Are we sure that we need to depart first thing tomorrow? Might we benefit from visiting some of the local establishments now that we know a few particulars about what we face? There are certainly a few preparations that I could make that go beyond my daily alotment of magical talents. Rushing into who knows what seems like a risky proposition.
[sblock=ooc] I'm not set against rushing out, but Larian's an elf, and time is a bit different for him. :D [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Indeed," Tyrla added. "Rather than leaving at first light, perhaps a few local visits may be valuable. In particular, if we can find a buyer for the armor and blades, perhaps we might see about buying steeds- if we have as much ground to cover as it seems, perhaps riding would be a more reasonable idea. And perhaps the local wizard might be able to identify that mystery substance, or might provide the component so that Larian can. I don't imagine that any of the folk we might need to see here are still open for business at this hour and a slight delay may save some time in the long run." After a moment, she gave the druid a considered look and added "Another thought that might assist us- if you can take an eagle's shape on the morrow, perhaps you might do a bit of scouting while we attend to matters here in town- no dangerous work, especially with manticores and who knows what else on our enemy's side, but mayhap you could give us a better glimpse of, say, our best route to Jorr's homestead- or forewarning of further ambush. Even those with magical gifts of sensing would be hard pressed to tell you from a normal bird at the ranges an eagle's sight provides..."

OOC: Once our plans are complete, Tyrla is ready to move on until morning. We may want to "Spend the night telling tales of our past adventures and otherwise bonding with our new compatriots" but I suppose that can be handwaved to keep the actual plot rolling.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling

Warren finally chimes in on the others' conversation, agreeing with Larian and Tyrla. "We should probably get some mounts and supplies tomorrow before leaving, as you say. Unload some of the gear we took from the hobgoblins as well."

"Oh, and Avril.....it'd be appreciated if you could spare a little energy to heal these puncture wounds in my shoulders. The hobgoblin leaders weren't so incompetent as the rest of the chumps. And it's getting kinda painful lugging stuff around with these holes in my shoulders, though Mr. Shadowbanks' fine spirits have helped a bit."

Warren moves his cloak a bit while he talks, and points to the pair of gashes he took earlier from the hobgoblin bladebearer. He's annoyed enough that a few links in his chainmail are broken and his shirt's in need of mending, not to mention the two painful gashes that he's been walking around with today.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The night at the Old Bridge Inn is peaceful, undisturbed. Breakfast is served early in the morning, as the town speaker informed the innkeeper that you would be on the road early. (Feel free to count up any spells you needed to cast for healing for the previous day. I'll roll the dice for them if necessary. Also figure out your prepared spells for this day as well.)

So then, where to first?

Redclaw

First Post
Larian would like to go to the home of Sertierian, to see what magical supplies he can purchase. If people are willing to send me with one or more of the magical items we're planning to sell, I will gladly use the resulting funds to further supplement our magical firepower.

[sblock=spells]
spells prepared
0-Detect Magic, Lesser Acid Orb, Mage Hand, Daze
1-Shocking Grasp, True Srike, Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person (Trans.)
2-Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Invisibility, Bull’s Strength (Trans.)
3-Mass Resist Energy, Fireball, Haste (Trans.)
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads