• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cthulu's Warlock...

RolandOfGilead

First Post
Besides the invocation for Evard's black tentacles, any suggestions on a warlock whose power is granted by the great old ones?

level 13 (Unlucky, eh?)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'd say insanity spells or spells that do wisdom damage, but I'm guessing they don't really jibe with a warlock's spell list.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
You could also go the controversial Derleth elemental association route:

Cthulhu = water
Cthugha = fire
Hastur = air
Tsathoggua = earth

And so on. This theory breaks down when it's pointed out that Cthulhu is imprisoned underwater, but hey.

Cheers,
Cam

Wraith Form

Explorer
You spelled his name wrong. It's Cthulhu.

Just getting that in before Josh Dyal and some others see it and have their way with you. (LOL)

Dakkareth

First Post
It's a safety measure, you see. By spelling its name wrong, he avoids its attention. Even I, being in the service of the One Whose Name Mustn't Be Said and using one of his guises for an avatar won't speak or write His name. It is only wise ...

Arani Korden

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Even I, being in the service of the One Whose Name Mustn't Be Said and using one of his guises for an avatar won't speak or write His name. It is only wise ...

You mean Hastur? Why won't you write Hastur? What could possibly go wrong just because someone wrote Hastur?

Remove ads