• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curing Lycanthropy... Lost Levels?

Raflar

First Post
Let's say I have a 5th level Human Fighter/Werewolf (afflicted). The werewolf template makes him 9th level in total (5th fighter + 4th werewolf (using werewolf racial levels in Dragon 313 pg 28)

If said werewolf was cured through 'break enchantment' during a full moon (according to MM) would he now become a 5th level character again?

Against an 'afflicted' opponent this could be a dangerous weapon in neutralizing a lycanthrope. Cure someone of a 'disease' and he loses half (or more) of his hitpoints????

By the rules this seems right, or am I missing something.
Would seem harsh if the rest of the party was 9th while I was 'cured' back down to 5th....

tensen

First Post
I don't know exactly what the werewolf levels give you.. but I'd say no. You'd probably still be that class and levels, but be unable to utilize any abilities the class gave you. Skills, Saves, and HP would still be intact.

I do believe Unearthed Arcana gives an precident to this with regards to Racial Paragons... in case they die and become re-incarnated as another race. I don't have the book handy to quote it.

Remove ads