• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Current Favorite Class?

Jupp

Explorer
My favorite class I ever played was a Necromancer. I really had fun raising dead opponents to let them fight for me :] The population wasnt too happy to see our group approaching their happy, little villages but they gave us the proper "respect" once they saw that a Necromancer was walking with the group.

Kylearan

First Post
For me, it's Wizard and Bard. Wizard because of the diversity of spells, bard because of a decent spell list (and spells known) and the many nifty, cuddly, nice skill points...

Kylearan

Li Shenron

Legend
JoeGKushner said:
So what's your current favorite class and why?

I like arcane casters for their sheer versatility and range of options at character creation & development.

Probably the Sorcerer is currently what in practice I enjoy more than everything. I used to prefer Wizards, but I think I started playing sorcerers when it became common to hear that they were weaker than others :)

Anyway I like them a lot because at mid-high levels they have wonderful options to be always different, with less pain to deal with in "character maintenance" compared to wizards.

Illirion

First Post
I'm currently playing dwarf cleric/radiant servant of Pelor. Since the campaign has become slightly focussed around undead, my cleric has been kicking butt. However I initialy chose him because we needed another spellcaster/healer and nobody wanted to play a cleric. If I had the opportunity to choose whatever class I wanted at the start I'd probably be playing either ranger, monk or bard. It's something about those classes, that make me gravitate toward them whenever I get a cool idea for a character. I guess they just add a lot of personality to a character and they've each got very versatile options which allow you to fill some different roles in a party. Added up and readin some of the other posts I'd go for Ranger being my favorite.

wedgeski

Adventurer
My favourite class throughout every edition has been the cleric. I really enjoy healing classes and classes that can make or break an encounter with a well placed spell, but I *don't* enjoy the wizard's sheer vulnerability coupled with the fact that he has a neon attractor on his head which brings every attack down on him almost from the outset. Cleric sits nicely in the middle.

I ::heart:: clerics. :)

glass

(he, him)
My favourite class is either paladin or wizard, with wizard probably just shading it.

At the moment I am having a lot of fun playing a rogue in a RL game, although next level I am going to go bard if I can find a reasonable justification for it. I need the Will save boost.

glass.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Li Shenron said:
I like arcane casters for their sheer versatility and range of options at character creation & development.

Probably the Sorcerer is currently what in practice I enjoy more than everything. I used to prefer Wizards, but I think I started playing sorcerers when it became common to hear that they were weaker than others :)

Anyway I like them a lot because at mid-high levels they have wonderful options to be always different, with less pain to deal with in "character maintenance" compared to wizards.

Have you ever tried the battle sorcer variant from Unearthed Arcana or the Monte Cook variant from Book of Eldrtich Might (II or Complete.)

diaglo

Adventurer
cleric. though i rarely get to play one.

also like fighting man and magic user.

don't care much for the thief. but it has become a staple so i will play one as needed.

Psion

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
Have you ever tried the battle sorcer variant from Unearthed Arcana or the Monte Cook variant from Book of Eldrtich Might (II or Complete.)

I prefer the Hamunaptra variant myself. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads