Pathfinder 1E Curse of the Crimson Throne - DM Help - Dread Warrens

Nighthawk1337

First Post
Spoilers for the first part of the campaign 'Edge of Anarchy'

Running this module and having a lot of fun with it. Just wondering if anyone else has run this module can give me some advise on the dread warrens.

My players chased one of the rumours (the river ghost that are kidnapping people, Derros.) during the riot phase and found themselves in Grey. They fought some Derros but there next plan is to find out where they come from, this will inevitably lead to the dread warrens and PCs haven't yet returned the queens brooch and triggered the following events.

My question is should I lead them astray or just run the dread warrens as it is? They are currently level 2 and a party of 4, so it's more than likely after the first encounter or 2 they will need to retreat.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I would suggest running them astray in a part of the warrens - the good thing about them is that you can just add another dungeon of however big a size you want it. They can return later to the real part.

Alternatively, run the planned encounter as is because the whole thing with the brooch is really just there to have them meet the queen.

Starfox

Hero
My players stuck like glue to that brooch, they still had it after they defeated the queen. Didn't really matter either way, mostly just a fun oddity.

Remove ads