• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom Character Busts? (ADDED NEW PICS - 12/03/03)!

If reasonably priced, would you buy a custom character bust?

• Shoot yea!

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Poll closed .

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Would I buy one? Good heavens no! The last thing I need around the house is more crap that has to be dusted regularly.

Now, if you're selling bookshelves, we need to talk.

alsih2o

First Post
Buttercup said:
Now, if you're selling bookshelves, we need to talk.

"got a pocket full of bookends,
everyone wants a bookshelf,

i got the making tschotskes,
reading trotsky
art sales blues...."

Ashy

First Post
Trubbul,

Again, all the details would be up to the buyer, I would suspect. I am really just trying to see if the idea is worth persuing. What I might do is this:

For those of you that voted/posted "yes" or "maybe" above, drop me an email at ashy@enkwell.com and we will chat - if we can come up with an idea of price and maybe even get a bust created, we can post pics and such and go from there... :D

Thanks for all of the feedback and interest, gang! ;)

Well, I've commissioned a character portrait, so why not a bust? *shrug*

I voted yes, but it would depend on the character.
Also, I prefer full-figure artwork rather than just the bust... probably would like the same with the statue...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hmmm they would fit in nicely next to Captain America and the rest of the Avengers, and Spidy and the Sinister Six... :)

I had a "modest" collection of Marvel Bowen Busts.

Ashy

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Hmmm they would fit in nicely next to Captain America and the rest of the Avengers, and Spidy and the Sinister Six... :)

I had a "modest" collection of Marvel Bowen Busts.

Well, I don't know if we are producing *THAT* sort of quality *just yet*.... However, I thought I would post a couple of pics of what we are doing. These are for a tiefling character in my last Planescape campaign. Let me know what you think - we are working on more currently and are entertaining possible orders.... ;)

Just let me know!

tiefer09.jpg

tiefer03.jpg

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
looks cool. how big is it?

what is it made of?

what price range?

how'd you do that hair, bristley thing?

did you work from a 2-d reference?

can you work from a 2-d reference? (like if someone has a drawing that looks "JUST LIKE HIM!!")

what kind of turn-around time do you think you will have?

wanna talk materials? (email me :) )

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Well, first of all, I am not the guy making these things - it's a pal of mine and I am running all the front-end interference for him.... ;)

The bust is about 4.5 inches tall x 3 inches wide, but future busts will have shoulders, whereas this one obviously does not. Also, that does not include the fancy crystal-like case that the busts are in! ;)

I honestly have no idea what it is made of.... :p

We are thinking a starting price of $225-$250

Beats me on the hair-spikes.... ;)

Yes, the crafter worked from a sketch and that will be the primary way we will be creating busts in the future - I am working out the details of that now. He might be able to work from a textual description, but it is often hard to capture the exact look of someone's "character idea" from a mere description... I am thinking of offering a "front end sketch" type deal for those of us who cannot draw worth a flip.... :p

Turn around time: 2-4 weeks.

Yer thoughts?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads